Empower is looking for associates who can directly impact the success of our company and clients.
In return, we want to foster the experience and skills necessary for the next step in your career.
The following positions are currently open. If you don’t see a position that interests you, email firstname.lastname@example.org along with your resume and share how you can make a difference with us.
Please scroll down the page to see all available openings.
Resumes should be sent to email@example.com.
VP, Digital Client Leadership, Chicago Illinois
The VP of Digital Client Leadership will be responsible for the overall strategy and execution of all digital marketing channels to drive business, increase awareness, engagement and conversion for our clients. The right candidate must be well versed in all digital channels such as paid search, organic search, comparison shopping, remarketing, display and affiliate marketing. This role will be responsible for directing our clients’ budget toward the most profitable long-term strategies that drive results for our clients. Working knowledge of analytics to gain intelligent and actionable insights in order to develop/optimize client strategies.
This is the key leadership role for our Chicago Empower office and therefore will guide/lead a cross functional team of digital marketers and analyst, while working with internal and external partners that support our clients’ business. It is important for the individual in this role to have some traditional media experience as it relates to buying and planning, TV, radio, print out of home etc.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage and lead teams to bring creative and strategic thinking to every plan/project.
- Responsible for leading the integration charge between practices within Empower for the clients he/she manages.
- Delegate decision making when appropriate to allow others to develop problem solving & decision making competencies.
- Work with the team to set objectives & goals and develop the appropriate tactics to achieve them.
- Responsible for professional and personal development via training and attending industry conferences as a representative of Empower.
- Responsible for the development and sharing of detailed Client Briefs with Empower Practice teams (target audience, objectives and strategies, ROI goals, etc.).
- Works with Practice Leaders to develop compensation arrangements (including contribution margin goals)
- Partner with the Decision Sciences team to measure and evaluate Return on Investment (ROI), Return on Objective (ROO) and/or other measurement metrics (e.g., Payout)
- Final decision-maker as it relates to client recommendations.
- Accountable for the development and execution of Client Satisfaction (Partnership Review) action plans.
- Develop relationships with client’s senior level counterpart and jointly handle unfamiliar problems, situation, or issues.
- Responsible for the Client Discovery Process (gathering all marketing information and historical learnings).
- Understands the client’s customer through Empower’s Planning processes and understand their marketing objectives to develop and measure the client’s, Return on Investment (ROI), Return on Objective (ROO) and/or other measurement metrics.
- Develop Empower point-of-view on new and key media/marketing tools and apply ideas and concepts for the client.
- Ensure the clients’ media and marketing needs are addressed and analyzed in order to develop an effective media strategy.
- Maintains awareness of relevant industry and market trends; develop analysis and report key insights regarding those trends and communicate to the client appropriate action steps regarding those insights
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of clients’ business and recommends ways to improve media buying plans efficiency and effectiveness.
- Assist in the development and presentation of annual client P&L, compensation agreements, and oversees account profitability.
- Partner with the New Business team by generating leads by identifying new business opportunities, assist/attend pitches, work with Specialists to develop strategic media recommendations, and provide resources as needed.
- Works with the New Business team to determine the hours and compensation needed for new client assignments.
- Determine the appropriate time and method to expand our current client relationship.
- Prospect and develop opportunities to grow Empower revenue with potential new clients.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Knowledge and skills at a level normally acquired through the completion of a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent knowledge or experience.
- 5+ years experience developing traditional and digital media strategy, managing holistic programs and online media campaigns.
- Solid understanding of traditional marketing principles and how they apply to the digital medium.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in Marketing / Agency environment is required.
SKILLS, SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
- In-depth knowledge of office software such as e-mail, MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to collaborate and build strong relationships with clients and coworkers.
- Broad understanding of measurement and analytics coupled with experience with the implementation of branding and marketing effectiveness studies.
- Negotiates with others in order to reach an agreement/solution that meets client needs.
- Highly enthusiastic, passionate, curious, confident, tenacious in learning and show initiative to research new ideas.
- Superior listening skills & creative problem resolution skills and effective business writing.
- Self-directed, considerable initiative and the ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Accepts ultimate accountability for own work.
Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Powerhouse Factories Opportunities
Who already works here
Apple, Facebook & Google Shaping Consumer Habits & Trends As They Compete
Is Content Marketing’s Future at Risk?
The Future of Advertising: Mobile, Ultra-Connected, Data-Driven & Consumer-Controlled
Google’s “Mobilegeddon” Reinforces Importance of Mobile-Friendly Websites
6 Tips for Social Media Success: INFOGRAPHIC
4 Tips to Help Brands Compete for Consumers’ 8-Second Attention Span