Empower MediaMarketing is an independent agency that specializes in media, digital marketing communications and word-of-mouth marketing. Headquartered in the consumer marketing and branding hub of Cincinnati, with satellite offices in Chicago and New York City, Empower leads its clients in delivering relevant messages to the right audiences. Find Empower on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and online.
We are looking for associates who can directly impact the success of our company and clients. In return, we want to foster the experience and skills necessary for the next step in your career.
The following positions are currently open. If you don’t see a position that interests you, email firstname.lastname@example.org along with your resume and share how you can make a difference with us.
- Director, Direct Response Buying
- Director/Associate Director, Platform Management
- Manager, Account Service
- Specialist, Influencer Marketing
- Specialist, Paid Social Media
- Copywriter – Editor
- Associate, Digital Media
Director, Direct Response BuyingBack To Top
Empower is looking to build out our Direct Response team with experienced leadership. Our Direct Response Director collaborates and partners with clients, Empower’s media/channel specialist teams and agency partners to develop response-driven media solutions that drive results.
- Defines and prioritizes objectives for Direct Response campaigns: cost per lead, lead generation
- Leads agency response team to plan, buy, negotiate and analyze Direct Response media across multiple channels
- Ability to buy and plan direct response media with an emphasis on broadcast media
- Ability to cross between national and local landscapes, understands how Direct Response differs in each and the different uses of the Direct Response market
- Implements new agency processes to deliver the best Direct Response product for Empower
- Strong client facing communicator, experience presenting to clients
- Curious and Proactive
- Organized, able to multi-task and prioritize across a team
- Highly numbers-oriented with attention to detail
- Confident and assertive
- Draws on DR experience to date often
- Media Plan Mixing & Optimizing Tools: Telmar, IMS
- Has worked with Nielsen, Arbitron, ComScore, SRDS
- Media Mangement Software Systems
- Encoding & Tracking BVS, Sigma, Keeping Trac
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 5 years experience in the DR space
- Excellent Excel and PPT skills
Director/Associate Director, Platform ManagementBack To Top
The Associate Director of Platform Management directly oversees owned digital communications experiences that our clients’ audiences interact with, such as company websites, blogs, digital magazines, mobile applications and email communications programs. This position resides within Empower’s Digital Marketing Communications Practice and will report directly to the Digital Marketing Communications Practice lead.
The mission of the Digital Marketing Communications Practice is to implement and optimize sustained digital marketing initiatives where quality content creation and distribution, as well as the overall web experience, are the primary drivers of consumer engagement and activation in support of critical performance indicators and marketing objectives.
The focus of this position is primarily on maintaining a high-quality user experience, ensuring that the platform creates value for end-users and delivers on the intended audience’s expectations. This position requires solid experience in the ongoing maintenance and management of platform-based digital communications initiatives focused on driving marketing impact against very specific objectives. The Associate Director of Platform Management must also possess an expert understanding of interactive user experience and a passion for establishing and maintaining the highest standards. This position interfaces with several other practices across Empower MediaMarketing, including Technology, Creative, Analytics, Program Management and Account Services. The Associate Director of Platform Management also possess subject matter expertise across the entire digital landscape, as well as solid domain knowledge in how digital platforms, including marketing automation platforms are architected, implemented and maintained.
- Oversees the maintenance and updating of client web properties, digitally published content and email communications
- Serves as a senior quality control staff member and staunch user-advocate for owned digital experiences
- Drives continual, incremental experimentation and innovation in user-experience optimization
- Contributes to and informs the strategies and execution that substantially improve audience interaction and engagement
- Tracks emerging technologies and Digital media trends that might be applied to enhance the user’s experience
- Works very closely with other departments whose responsibility it is to provide inputs such as content, design and functionality that impact the user-experience
- Fosters a creative and productive work environment
- Contributes to evolution of the digital program with forward-thinking ideas about interactive user-experience
- Ensures that new content creates strong connections with related existing content elements both within primary web property and connected web channels
- Evaluate user behavior and provide recommendations to improve user experience and performance
- Monitor and diagnose website problems, including broken links, formatting irregularities and indexing issues
- Work with various digital media and social media team members to perform holistic digital analysis, providing key insights and recommendations for on-going cross-channel integrations and optimizations
- 4-6 years in web experience management in an agency or media environment, including CRM and CMS management
- A passion for maintaining high quality interactive experiences and a refined understanding of user experience
- Experience using marketing automation platforms to manage digital communications distribution
- Cross-channel digital experience, including publishing and social platforms
- Strong presentation and organizational skills, including the ability to communicate complex plans in easily readable and understandable formats
- A solid understanding of web analytics
- Basic front-end development skills a plus
Manager, Account ServiceBack To Top
The Account Manager, Account Service is a proactive problem-solver who assists in collaborating with clients, Empower teams, outside agency/vendor partners. The Account Manager is responsible for delivering client work that is on strategy, on time and within budget. The Account Manager embraces change, has an innate comfort with organizing and analyzing data, is an avid learner and is able to quickly pick up new concepts, tools and technologies.
- Account Management and Client Accountability:
- Develop in-depth expertise in clients’ business and markets.
- Serve as the primary day-to-day contact with client to ensure an ongoing rapport and insight into their business.
- Check accuracy of client documents and presentation materials, as needed.
- Use appropriate agency departments/practices to complete work for clients.
- Take ownership of projects by continuously updating day-to-day workflow, status meetings and timelines, and ensuring other team members’ action items are completed on time to client expectation.
- Think through implications and capture next steps during meetings, conversations or whenever project parameters change.
- Show high attention to detail and maintain high level of organization on all assigned work.
- Respond quickly and effectively to client/partner/vendor questions, requests and needs.
- Build strong partnerships with clients/partners/internal colleagues; establish credibility and win confidence of clients/partners/internal colleagues.
- Paid Media Management:
- Proactively manage media planning and execution timelines, workflow and client deliverables from internal teams to ensure delivery against client timeline and quality expectations.
- Apply understanding of media in U.S. and Canada, specifically national broadcast, magazine, out-of-home, digital/mobile, to counsel internal team on client-appropriate solutions and recommendations.
- Actively monitor media plans/budgets/flowcharts, keeping client informed of on-going changes.
- Collect and organize creative assets, including checking for accuracy, and sharing with both clients and colleagues in a timely manner.
- Financial Management:
- Understand the make-up of the client contracts/scopes of work and related agency profitability for assigned accounts.
- Maintain accurate financial reports and spreadsheets based on agency and client needs.
- Ensure clients’ perception that agency consistently provides service and delivery of offerings that align to the contract/scope of the partnership.
- Agency Operations:
- Understand and follow all agency procedures.
- Ensure that accurate timesheets are kept and submitted on a weekly basis.
- Remain knowledgeable about the operations of the agency as a whole.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities well and complete tasks to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work independently, without direction from others, to advance completion of work. This means being comfortable taking a shot at what to do versus always waiting to be told what to do.
- Ability to accurately identify the key elements of a problem; understand implications/impact of action on subsequent events; generate appropriate solutions.
- Ability to deliver clear, concise and accurate message through written and oral means.
- Ability to maintain constructive behavior in the face of adversity; to manage stress and pressure in working through assigned tasks.
- In-depth knowledge of office software such as Outlook, MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Additional business or marketing classes preferred.
- At least 2 years’ experience in client management, media management, and/or advertising/marketing.
Specialist, Influencer MarketingBack To Top
Empower MediaMarketing (EMM) is seeking an Influencer Marketing expert to join the agency’s Word of Mouth Marketing (WOMM) offering. This career opportunity would approach public relations through a word of mouth lens. The ideal client will have depth in influencer marketing and breadth in social media and experiential marketing.
- Elevate the best-in-class standard for influencer marketing strategy and execution
- Develop, sell in and execute game-changing WOMM plans
- Work closely with client teams to integrate influencer marketing strategies and tactics into marketing plans
- Lead projects from planning to execution through measurement
- Serve as day-to-day client contact, where needed
- Position EMM as an influencer marketing thought leader
- Help the WOMM Practice Leader and Influencer Marketing Lead evolve and elevate the current influencer marketing vision, philosophy, methodology and offering
- Articulate the agency’s influencer marketing POV via white papers, editorials, columns, speaking engagements, etc.
- Encourage and mentor other members of the WOMM team
- Lead by example through both thinking and execution, and client relationships
- Have working knowledge of social media and experiential marketing
- In addition to influencer marketing, work closely with client teams and subject matter experts to integrate social media and experiential strategies and tactics into plans
- Integrate paid, earned and owned social media into strategic recommendations
- Bachelor’s degree with 3-5 years of industry experience, agency experience preferred
- Understanding of the role of influencer marketing in the marketing mix and how influencer marketing fits within Word of Mouth Marketing and the agency philosophy as a whole
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; effective presentation skills
- Proven success in a fast-paced environment with a “roll-up-your-sleeves” attitude
- Superior listening skills and creative problem-solving skills with the ability to build
- Knowledge of and experience with an expansive list of influencer marketing and social media tools and platforms
- Media relations chops including the ability to develop and maintain relationships with national, local and regional media
- Efficient and effective multi-tasker to effectively execute against multiple priorities (internal and external) simultaneously in a cross-functional environment
- Highly-enthusiastic, passionate, curious, confident and tenacious (particularly in regard to making the industry better)
- Humble and hungry attitude to learn, teach and come up with new ways to solve client problems
- News and blog reading as part of their lifestyle
- Flexibility for 10-15% travel time
Specialist, Paid Social MediaBack To Top
We are looking for an analytically minded, Paid Social Media Specialist for Empower’s WOMM team to focus on media planning within social on large-scale and multi-faceted campaigns. This position has a focus on paid social planning and activations across all major social platforms. Prior hands on experience in paid social is a must. The Paid Social Media Specialist will also need to demonstrate an ability to create and execute tactical plans that align with their client’s strategic plans and principles.
- Execute overall paid social media strategy for clients, follow up with teams to discuss client feedback, propose new strategies, optimizations, report on overall paid social campaign performance
- Manage paid social media budget, pacing and monthly billing reconciliation
- Oversee and manage paid social workflow, including managing content calendars and updating plans as needed
- Analyze data and provide testing ideas
- Analyze the performance of campaigns, identifying strategic opportunities, facilitating change in order to exceed client expectation
- Manage relationships with vendors and other partners on behalf of the client
- Stays ahead of relevant paid social trends and educates team
Experience & Skills:
- Bachelors in Marketing, Advertising, PR, Communications, Information Science, Business
- 2-3 year experience in Social Media Marketing with solid understand of Paid and earned Social media as well as Digital Media
- Should have a working knowledge of traditional social, content and word of mouth marketing tactics
- Must be a self-starter coupled with the ability to continually follow up with work teams
- Must be curious with the need to learn and take the initiative to find answers
- Strong written and verbal communication skills at all levels will be critical
- Should have working knowledge of buying and planning of digital media
- Must be able to handle multiple, competing priorities while meeting deadlines, managing risk, and troubleshooting problems
- Experience with social audience development
- Working knowledge of the following platforms: Sprinklr, 4C, etc
Education & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ industry/social media experience
- Agency experience
- Superior listening skills and creative problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; effective presentation skills
- Proven success in a fast-paced environment with a “roll-up-your-sleeves” attitude
- Knowledge of and experience with an expansive list of social media tools and platforms
- Acute attention to detail and superb time/ task management skills
- Efficient and effective multi-tasker
- Can effectively execute against multiple priorities (internal and external) simultaneously in a cross-functional environment
Copywriter – EditorBack To Top
We are looking for a talented copywriter and content creator to write, produce, edit and oversee various client and internal content initiatives. This role requires a broad level of journalistic creativity, attention to detail and people management skills.
This position is responsible for the quality of published content materials while coordinating publication efforts through the concepting, writing and production and editing of content through various distribution channels. Other responsibilities of this position include guiding internal and external writers regarding the focus and form of content, reading and evaluating content and revising or rewriting content as needed.
- Serves as an exemplary writer, consistent with our clients’ tone and mission.
- Oversee and coordinate the publishing process, including communicating with editors, and authors, build our editorial calendar and guidelines, determine sources for content creation, both internally and externally.
- Trafficking and inspecting proofs for accuracy, serves as a liaison between the department and authors, and/or publishers and assists in the preparation and management of the editorial budgets.
- Is process-driven, thinking about efficiency, leveraging data to make decisions.
- Edits content produced by various authors, including conceptualizing the projects upfront and copy editing prior to publishing.
- Prepares marketing and promotional materials for forthcoming Empower MediaMarketing’s Content Marketing purposes.
- Stays up-to-date with the latest industry trends and challenges in order to inform more effective editorial strategies.
Education & Experience:
- Past experience producing content for the web specifically, as well as channel-specific knowledge and experience in WOMM (word of mouth marketing) i.e. Social Media, Influencer Marketing etc.
- Excellent attention to detail both for line editing and consistency in style and tone across content.
- Extensive knowledge of various press styles coupled with excellent command of grammar and spelling.
- Working knowledge of online content management systems such as WordPress.
- Skilled in online research.
- Experience in managing an editorial calendar for pubs, clients, agencies, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English or related field coupled with 2-3 years of experience in copy development and editing for marketing or journalism purposes.
Associate, Digital MediaBack To Top
Digital Media Associate
The Digital Media Associate is fascinated by the digital ecosystem. They approach their work with enthusiasm and a desire to help the team and to grow professionally. Our Digital Media Associate will learn the terminology, tools, and techniques we use at Empower to motivate consumers to purchase our clients’ brands in a complicated, evolving digital landscape. The Associate plays a supporting role on the Digital Media team.
Digital Media Associates assist Digital Media Specialists in:
- Building an understanding of a brand’s customers and competitors
- Developing consideration sets for advertising opportunities
- Working with media partners and overseeing the Request for Proposal process
- Executing approved advertising campaigns, including budgeting, billing, trafficking, creative quality assurance, and campaign launch
- Stewarding digital media campaigns
- Regular reporting on digital media campaign effectiveness
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Sharp attention to detail
- Organized, thoughtful approach to prioritizing work and completing tasks
- Strong work ethic
- Innate curiosity and passion for technology
- Analytical approach with the ability to think creatively
- High degree of initiative
- Customer service mindset, with background in service industry a plus
- Superior listening and creative problem resolution skills
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
Digital Media Tools:
- ComScore experience a plus
- Doubleclick Marketing or other 3rd party ad serving platform experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree
- Some experience in a professional environment
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel