Empower is looking for associates who can directly impact the success of our company and clients.
In return, we want to foster the experience and skills necessary for the next step in your career.
The following positions are currently open. If you don’t see a position that interests you, email email@example.com along with your resume and share how you can make a difference with us.
Please scroll down the page to see all available openings.
Resumes should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
VP, Digital Client Leadership, Chicago Illinois
The VP of Digital Client Leadership will be responsible for the overall strategy and execution of all digital marketing channels to drive business, increase awareness, engagement and conversion for our clients. The right candidate must be well versed in all digital channels such as paid search, organic search, comparison shopping, remarketing, display and affiliate marketing. This role will be responsible for directing our clients’ budget toward the most profitable long-term strategies that drive results for our clients. Working knowledge of analytics to gain intelligent and actionable insights in order to develop/optimize client strategies.
This is the key leadership role for our Chicago Empower office and therefore will guide/lead a cross functional team of digital marketers and analyst, while working with internal and external partners that support our clients’ business. It is important for the individual in this role to have some traditional media experience as it relates to buying and planning, TV, radio, print out of home etc.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage and lead teams to bring creative and strategic thinking to every plan/project.
- Responsible for leading the integration charge between practices within Empower for the clients he/she manages.
- Delegate decision making when appropriate to allow others to develop problem solving & decision making competencies.
- Work with the team to set objectives & goals and develop the appropriate tactics to achieve them.
- Responsible for professional and personal development via training and attending industry conferences as a representative of Empower.
- Responsible for the development and sharing of detailed Client Briefs with Empower Practice teams (target audience, objectives and strategies, ROI goals, etc.).
- Works with Practice Leaders to develop compensation arrangements (including contribution margin goals)
- Partner with the Decision Sciences team to measure and evaluate Return on Investment (ROI), Return on Objective (ROO) and/or other measurement metrics (e.g., Payout)
- Final decision-maker as it relates to client recommendations.
- Accountable for the development and execution of Client Satisfaction (Partnership Review) action plans.
- Develop relationships with client’s senior level counterpart and jointly handle unfamiliar problems, situation, or issues.
- Responsible for the Client Discovery Process (gathering all marketing information and historical learnings).
- Understands the client’s customer through Empower’s Planning processes and understand their marketing objectives to develop and measure the client’s, Return on Investment (ROI), Return on Objective (ROO) and/or other measurement metrics.
- Develop Empower point-of-view on new and key media/marketing tools and apply ideas and concepts for the client.
- Ensure the clients’ media and marketing needs are addressed and analyzed in order to develop an effective media strategy.
- Maintains awareness of relevant industry and market trends; develop analysis and report key insights regarding those trends and communicate to the client appropriate action steps regarding those insights
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of clients’ business and recommends ways to improve media buying plans efficiency and effectiveness.
- Assist in the development and presentation of annual client P&L, compensation agreements, and oversees account profitability.
- Partner with the New Business team by generating leads by identifying new business opportunities, assist/attend pitches, work with Specialists to develop strategic media recommendations, and provide resources as needed.
- Works with the New Business team to determine the hours and compensation needed for new client assignments.
- Determine the appropriate time and method to expand our current client relationship.
- Prospect and develop opportunities to grow Empower revenue with potential new clients.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Knowledge and skills at a level normally acquired through the completion of a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent knowledge or experience.
- 5+ years experience developing traditional and digital media strategy, managing holistic programs and online media campaigns.
- Solid understanding of traditional marketing principles and how they apply to the digital medium.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in Marketing / Agency environment is required.
SKILLS, SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
- In-depth knowledge of office software such as e-mail, MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to collaborate and build strong relationships with clients and coworkers.
- Broad understanding of measurement and analytics coupled with experience with the implementation of branding and marketing effectiveness studies.
- Negotiates with others in order to reach an agreement/solution that meets client needs.
- Highly enthusiastic, passionate, curious, confident, tenacious in learning and show initiative to research new ideas.
- Superior listening skills & creative problem resolution skills and effective business writing.
- Self-directed, considerable initiative and the ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Accepts ultimate accountability for own work.
Please submit resumes to email@example.com.
The Broadcast Associate position is an entry level posting responsible for assisting in the strategic development and execution of client media plans based on business goals and objectives.
- Learn and demonstrate familiarity with basic media vocabulary, math, buying process and is exposed to planning principles
- Request and enter avails/packages as directed
- Assist with placing buys and executing added value
- Negotiate and track all makegoods, ensuring the client objectives are adhered to and that delivery goals are met
- Establish clear communication with all appropriate teams
- Work in conjunction with Media Accounting to process all deviations in a timely manner to ensure proper payment and media delivery
- Check all contracts to ensure that proper schedule, dollars, and times are booked. Solve any contract discrepancies prior to start date
- Assist with buy revisions/options
- Works with Media Specialist in gathering info for the post analyses
- Assist Media Specialist in tracking budgets and flowcharts, gather information for costs requests and entering goals
- Associates Degree or equivalent work experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Energy, enthusiasm, and initiative are key qualities
- Keen attention to detail and creative problem-solving skills are necessary
- Ability to work autonomously or in team environment
- Thrives in a fast paced environment
Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The technology director will lead the development production and client services arm of the technology practice. This practice produces both internal applications as well as external web applications. This person is responsible for ensuring the work coming in to the team is well defined and safe (reasonable expectations have been set – we under promise and over deliver). Additionally, this person is responsible for ensuring that work being delivered by the programmers adheres to our best-in-class standards.
Ensure that all new work is clearly defined and safe for the team to take on.
- Collaborate with project stakeholders and our user experience specialist to document functionality and technical requirements. Documentation should adhere to our requirements standards, as detailed in our knowledgebase.
- Ensure that all work coming into the development team is clear (functional requirements are well documented, with areas of risk denoted).
- Determine how long (number of hours) it will take to complete defined work, and communicate areas of risk with respect to small, medium, and large tasks.
- Communicate estimated task and project milestone turnaround times to project stakeholders based on the estimates provided by the team and with respect to their current workload.
Maintain our programming standards, perform development and manage our git repositories.
- While this is primarily a leadership role, you will need to get into the weeds from time to time to help the team program and solve problems.
- Collaborate with the team to maintain our development standards and processes.
- Set up and maintain asset pipelines on all development projects, leveraging a combination of git, npm, bower, gulp, sass/scss, and node.
- Perform code reviews and course correct where needed to ensure that produced code is best-in-class.
- Own development quality assurance process, ensuring that what is delivered matches what is specified while adhering to our documented standards.
- Build testing plans for all development projects and communicate these plans to the project stakeholders.
- Stand up and maintain all servers (production, staging, and local dev), adhering to our server and asset pipeline standards in each instance.
- Ensure the developers have access to the information and assets they need to perform their work.
- Ensure tasks and milestones are completed on time.
- Ensure project progress, and risk, is clearly communicated to project stakeholders.
Collaborate with the Vice President of Technology to build and maintain an “on-tap” network of developers.
- Attend developer meet-ups, identify talent recruitment opportunities, socialize with the vibrant local developer community in Cincinnati to foster a good reputation and to grow a team of talented and positive developers.
- Continuously search online for new potential freelance contractors who can execute a varying set of work types.
- Maintain our contractor database and make recommendations to the project stakeholders based on personality, capability, cost, and other factors.
- Solicit feedback from the team and stakeholders and leverage that feedback to constantly make improvements to the execution and final delivered work.
The right candidate has experience:
- Developing websites and applications (front-end and back-end).
- Managing Git and version control.
- Setting up asset pipelines (gulp, npm, node.js, bower or compass, etc).
- Working with SASS/SCSS
- Working with Foundation or Bootstrap
- Setting up production servers (local, staging/testing, live)
- Leading teams of developers and providing hands-on assistance where needed.
- Juggling multiple concurrent projects in production at one time.
- Providing accurate estimates against clear requests and pursuing clarity/creating technical requirements when requests are not clear.
- Leading quality assurance and testing.
- Pair programming with fellow developers, and performing code reviews.
- Communicating project progress and risk to stakeholders.
Some additional experience that would be beneficial but is not required:
- Experience building and maintaining large SQL databases
- Experience writing scripts in python or powershell
- Experience building data architecture plans.
- Experience pulling and normalizing data from multiple sources and source types.
- Experience building custom wordpress themes and plugins.
Support Services Coordinator
We have an immediate opening of Support Services Coordinator. This role requires strong data entry skills with accuracy being key to success. The Support Services Coordinator embraces change, is an avid learner and is able to quickly pick up new concepts, tools and technologies. This role will participate in weekly status meetings and provide an administrative support function to the account teams.
- Manages all trafficking, budgeting, invoicing and competitive reporting needs on multiple client accounts.
- Ensures client invoices and related documents such as flowcharts and budgets are accurate and processed expeditiously.
- Shares and gains approval on media buys with client and assists in the development of buy summaries as well as ensuring the distribution summaries to all partners as directed.
- Takes initiative to seek out answers to client/internal requests with appropriate urgency in a service-oriented manner.
- Fosters a good working relationship with clients and internal partners, either through direct contact or in support of client needs.
- Serves as an additional quality control stop-gap on client deliverables.
- Maintains account team project timelines and due dates.
- Remains current on client’s business and competitive landscape and is encouraged to provide new insights to the account team.
- Demonstrated work experience in meeting client contractual requirements; high attention to detail and demonstrated accuracy and timeliness.
- Superior analytical, detail, creative problem resolution skills with the ability to handle multiple priorities well and complete tasks to deadline by demonstrating strong organizational skills.
- The ability to work well under pressure and manage conflicting deadlines with a can- do attitude.
- In-depth knowledge of office software such as Outlook, MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience with Excel is critical, especially knowledge of pivot tables and basic formulas.
- The ability to pull data from multiple systems, reformat it and add more information.
- Strong communication skills to include superior listening, written and verbal skills.
- Experience working in a financial support and/or media buying support role at an advertising agency a plus.
Please submit resumes to email@example.com.
Empower is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Powerhouse Factories Opportunities
Is Content Marketing’s Future at Risk?
The Future of Advertising: Mobile, Ultra-Connected, Data-Driven & Consumer-Controlled
Google’s “Mobilegeddon” Reinforces Importance of Mobile-Friendly Websites
6 Tips for Social Media Success: INFOGRAPHIC
4 Tips to Help Brands Compete for Consumers’ 8-Second Attention Span
Programmatic Buying Rapidly Expanding to TV, Print, Content Discovery