This role can be located in Cincinnati, Chicago, or Atlanta. Please select your desired location in the application.
Empower is seeking to hire an Analyst, Data Science with strong quantitative ability to join our Marketing Science team. The analyst will serve a key role in delivering developing our cross-channel analytics and predictive modeling . We seek a candidate with the quantitative background to work, under the director of team leadership, with marketing planning experts and other statistical modelers to develop descriptive and predictive quantitative models that support strategic and tactical marketing efforts to meet and exceed key marketing and business objectives.
Data Science plays a key role in Empower’s continuous efforts at process improvement, expanded service capabilities, and client acquisition and retention. At Empower, we seek to unleash the power of analytics to provide best-in-class insights, targeting, messaging, and personalization across media channels. Within the digital/online realm, this means going beyond within-channel impressions and clicks to reveal the richness and meaning behind consumer shopping behaviors in order to recommend integrated, effective, and measurable marketing campaigns.
The Analyst, Data Science is a key player in helping Empower develop a unified view of online and offline consumer behavior for our clients. Broadly speaking, this role is central in assisting to:
- Understand and leverage relationships between different marketing channels (“closed-loop analytics”)
- Helping optimize marketing campaigns to drive stronger returns and revenue performance for our clients
- Develop a consumer-centric view of online behavior and the customer journey
- Measure the effects, revenue and ROI attributed to specific marketing efforts
This is a hands-on role working within the Marketing Science group and with cross-functional marketing experts, strategists, and managers. Key responsibilities include:
- Building and evaluating media measurement models for Empower clients which will span across MMM (Marketing Mix Modeling), MTA (Multi-Touch Attribution), Incrementality A/B Testing
- Identify and collect key offline media and digital data and background relevant to analytic efforts. Assist in data processing and automation for ingestion into the modeling engine
- Assist in subject matter expertise on measurement including understanding how metrics are generated and how key KPIs are calculated within the models
- Assist in generating insights on media models and help contribute to best practices. Help to generate a single voice of analytical recommendations stemming from multiple studies
- Run forward looking forecasts and optimizations to assist clients in future planning
- Work with internal planning teams to help optimize media execution in the short and long term
- Present, with senior level support, findings of analyses to internal and external clients in an engaging, collaborative manner that enables insight generation
- Gain understanding, from external data partners and client teams, of relevant KPIs, their importance from a business standpoint, and outline data requirements and related nuances
- Perform ad-hoc data analyses to help internal and client teams make educated decisions
Required skills and experience:
- 1-2 years of experience in relevant or related role in data analytics
- Bachelor's degree, ideally in engineering, math, statistics, finance or other quantitative focused area of study.
- Foundational, applied knowledge of media measurement and/or statistical modeling/attribution analyses
- Ability to work with large datasets and to derive insights and trends from data and provide recommendations based on findings
- The ideal candidate will be naturally curious, proactive, dependable, and able to focus on challenges independently or in collaboration with other analysts
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work across multiple teams within the agency as well as external data and measurement partners
- Exposure to one or more of the following is ideal: Marketing Mix Modeling, Marketing Lift Studies, Multi-Touch Attribution, Incrementality, A/B Testing
- Expert Excel skills; other analytical tool familiarity a plus (SQL, SAS, R, Python, etc.)
- Experience with media agencies or Nielsen, Ipsos, IRI measurement solutions is preferred but not required