Empower is seeking to hire a Marketing Science Lead, with strong quantitative and storytelling ability, to join our Intelligence team. The Intelligence Division at Empower is democratizing consumer intelligence, marketing science, and data. We inspire and enable game-changing insights and aspire to serve as a core source of truth for marketing impact across business, consumer, and the broader world community.
The Marketing Science Lead will have multifaceted ownership of analyzing cross-channel media, attitudinal, syndicated, and other data to uncover unique nuggets of insight. The Lead will collaborate with broader team members to round out insights and bring forward to clients to activate on and drive growth. A particular area of leadership focus in this role is the scoping, execution, and delivery of media measurement studies including digital and cross-channel brand effectiveness, foot traffic, and/or sales lift methodologies.
This a dream role for someone who is curious, attentive, and adaptable; capable of executing complex, actionable analysis, collaborating across agency departments, and presenting findings to clients.
Marketing Science plays a key role in Empower’s continuous efforts to deliver robust, sound, game changing insights. This means going beyond within-channel impressions and clicks to reveal the richness and meaning behind consumer shopping behaviors to recommend integrated, effective, and measurable marketing campaigns.
This role is unique and exciting in that each day will be different and you will be able to learn from many bright experts. You will be exposed to a variety of types of marketing analytics and become an expert across them through a combination of delivery of the analyses, collaboration with strategy experts, and leverage of other Intelligence experts.
- Lead the business roadmap of Empower’s media measurement product offering inclusive of brand lift, foot traffic, and/or sales lift analyses
- Lead consultation of media measurement study approach – determining the best solution across measurement objectives, including assessing new offerings
- Lead the kickoff of campaign-specific studies and ensure various agency departments (i.e., Ad Ops, Digital SMEs, and Client Strategy) understand their roles and responsibilities
- Lead analysis of performance across OTT, CTV, Streaming Audio, Search, Social, Programmatic, Display, and Linear TV, as well as other traditional channels
- Look beyond the numbers: This is not a reporting role. Demonstrate familiarity and intuition to the cadence of business and provide insightful recommendations
- Ability to roll up your sleeves, when needed, to find data-based stories worth telling and to troubleshoot different perspectives from different tools
- This role will support current clients as well as analyses necessary to showcase our capabilities in new business
Analytics and Tools
- Leverage Empower, client, and/or third-party analytic tools to gain needed data and insights. Tools could include, but aren’t limited to: Marketing Mix Modeling, Cross-Channel Measurement platforms, Syndicated Research (i.e., MRI), Audience Development (i.e., Lotame), and Brand Lift or Foot Traffic Studies.
- Lead the development of testing roadmaps, measurement plans, and KPI reporting based on set marketing objectives linked to key campaigns and always-on digital marketing tactics, including setting ROI and/or ROAS targets.
- Deliver ad hoc analysis for client stakeholders throughout marketing, working with the channel leads, planning, and client service departments.
Organizational and Communication
- See and tell the story beyond the data: Do not look at data as numbers, but as a key tool in answering critical business and societal questions
- Proactively engage with client strategy teams (Account, Planning, Digital) to understand what is in market and why, then actively monitor those campaigns, across channels and audiences, to elevate findings and develop actionable insights
- Collaborate with Media Investment SMEs on their individual channel performance and acquire relevant data to incorporate into broader analytics
- Manage analysts, when appropriate, in delivery of analysis
- Seek out and enable improvements in our internal processes
Required skills and experience:
- Minimum 7 years in an analytical marketing function working in cross-channel marketing with 2-3 years of significant focus in executing media measurement studies
- Strong familiarity of media measurement providers such as Kantar, Dynata, IRI, NCS, FourSquare, InMarket and/or Cuebiq
- Bachelor's degree, ideally in quantitative focused degree such as math, statistics, marketing, business, finance, or engineering.
- Expertise in concisely visualizing and communicating data-driven analyses and findings to internal and external stakeholders
- Analytical Thinker: It is imperative this candidate possess critical thinking and analytical skills to readily identify themes and/or problems and formulate practical solutions
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills: organized with ability to prioritize and focus on top tasks and work efficiently
- Self-Starter: Proven track record of being able to work independently and proactively engage with business stakeholders with minimal direction.
- Solid understanding of the Digital tracking systems and how they relate and are used in marketing measurement
- Expert Excel skills; other analytical tool familiarity a plus (SQL, SAS, R, Python, etc.)
- Experience with media agencies is highly desired, but not required