This role can be located in Cincinnati, Chicago, or Atlanta. Please select your desired location in the application.
Empower is looking for a Director, Media Planning to oversee the ongoing client relationship and the execution of media for several agency clients. The right candidate will have experience in all digital and traditional media channels, and be well versed in each. They will also really enjoy working with their client partners and overseeing the activities of an internal team. This is an exciting start-up-like opportunity that will play a critical role in Empower’s Media Agent product team within an established, nationally-acclaimed organization. Media Agent is a new software-assisted approach to the typical agency experience.
This role has a high allocation of client-facing delivery and communications. The main focus of the Director, Media Planning is to work with the Empower Product Development team in crafting media plans for clients, and then to work with the executional teams to steward and optimize those plans and handle any revisions to those plans. This role is also the point of escalation for client partners running on the Media Agent platform. We are looking for a leader with a high sense of drive and accountability to play a very meaningful role on this new Empower product line.
This is a role with high expectations and high career growth opportunities for the right candidate that can meet and exceed those expectations.
- Participate in Empower training and ongoing internal development opportunities
- At times, support and participate in the sales cycle, making strong connections to prospects on their way to becoming Empower clients
- Work with the Product Development team to understand how media plans are crafted with Empower’s Media Agent, and then add your considerable expertise to that foundational knowledge to represent the right media plans for each different client situation
- Oversee the execution, stewardship, and optimization efforts of the buyers on your client’s campaigns
- Maintain a high attention to detail and think through the implications of every potential challenge or change to the media plans or client business situations
- Advocate and establish clear KPIs with clients and articulate those to internal buying and reporting teams
- Stay very organized across a range of client plans and executions
- Actively engage in client conversations to merchandise the efforts of our teams
- Be vocal within the agency and various agency teams
- Work seamlessly with Account, Buying, Analytics, and Operations teams to set, manage, and deliver on client expectations
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in a media planning role
- Minimum of 4 years of experience managing and growing a team
- Range of experience across several categories preferred
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and years of experience preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and effective presentation skills
- Strong attention to detail and high demonstrated accountability
- Demonstrated technical and mathematical proficiency
- Ability to function independently, requiring minimal oversight
- Proven success in working with fast-moving agency executives and sometimes challenging client executives
- Proven success in a fast-paced environment with multiple client assignments