Empower is hiring a Marketing Science Lead with strong quantitative and storytelling ability. The Intelligence Division at Empower is democratizing consumer intelligence, marketing science, and data. We inspire and enable game-changing insights and aspire to serve as a core source of truth for marketing impact across business, consumer, and the broader world community.
The Marketing Science Lead will have ownership of analyzing cross-channel media performance within the context of broader business, industry, and consumer to uncover unique nuggets of insight and bring forward to clients. This means going beyond simple metrics to reveal the richness and meaning behind consumer shopping behaviors to recommend integrated, effective, and measurable marketing campaigns.
This a dream role for someone who is curious, attentive, and adaptable; capable of executing complex, actionable analysis by collaborating across agency departments, and presenting findings to clients. This ideal candidate will interface tightly with multiple internal stakeholders at Empower and with clients to provide data-driven insights on how, where, and when we invest our clients’ marketing dollars.
- Looking beyond the numbers: This is not a reporting role. The right candidate will demonstrate familiarity and intuition to provide insightful recommendations.
- Desire and ability to roll up your sleeves as needed and dive into platforms to find stories worth telling and to troubleshoot different perspectives using multiple tools.
- This role will support current clients as well as analyses necessary to showcase our capabilities in new business.
Analytics and Tools:
- Provide detailed analysis of performance across Linear TV, OTT, CTV, Search, Social, Programmatic, and Display channels, working from extracted files and web-based systems to pull data and filter across multiple dimensions for understanding of trends, commonalities, and important variances.
- Quickly learn and leverage Empower, client, and/or third-party tools to gain needed data and insights. Tools could include, but aren’t limited to: Marketing Mix Modeling, Cross-Channel Measurement platforms, Syndicated Research (i.e., MRI), Audience development (i.e., Lotame), and Brand Lift (eg., Kantar) or Foot Traffic Studies (eg., FourSquare).
- Develop descriptive and predictive quantitative models that support strategic and tactical marketing efforts to meet and exceed key marketing and business objectives.
- Evaluating media measurement leveraging MMM (Marketing Mix Modeling), MTA (Multi-Touch Attribution), and Incrementality A/B Testing
- Lead / Assist in development of testing roadmaps, measurement plans, KPI & KLI reporting based on set marketing objectives linked to key campaigns and always-on digital marketing tactics.
- Deliver ad hoc analysis for client stakeholders throughout marketing, working with the channel leads, planning, and client service departments.
Organizational and Communication:
- Be a key contributor to seeing and telling the story beyond the data: ensure understanding of business context to not look at data as numbers, but as a key tool in answering critical business and societal questions
- Proactively engage with client strategy teams (Account, Planning, Digital) to understand nuances of the client account and elevate findings for reporting
- Collaborate with Media Investment SMEs on their individual channel performance and acquire relevant data to incorporate into broader analytics
- Manage analysts, when needed, in delivery
- Seek out and enable improvements in our internal reporting processes and deliverables
Required skills and experience:
- Minimum 4 years in an analytical marketing function working in cross-channel marketing
- Bachelor's degree, ideally in quantitative focused degree such as math, statistics, marketing, business, finance, or engineering.
- Expertise in concisely visualizing and communicating data-driven analyses and findings to internal and external stakeholders
- Analytical Thinker: It’s imperative this candidate possess critical thinking and strong analytical skills. They should be able to readily identify themes and problems and formulate practical solutions.
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills, as well as the ability to articulate clearly and effectively in person and in writing
- Excellent organizational and project management skills; organized with ability to multi-task, prioritize, work quickly to tight deadlines
- Self-Starter: Proven track record of being able to work independently and proactively engage with business stakeholders with minimal direction.
- Strong foundational understanding of different digital tracking systems and ability to synthesize those differences for internal team and client understanding
- Experience interpreting two or more of the following is ideal: Marketing Mix Modeling, Marketing Lift Studies, Multi-Touch Attribution, Incrementality, A/B Testing
- Experience with media analytics software and data visualization tools (e.g., Data+Math, VideoAmp, DCM, Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, Datorama, Tableau)
- Expert Excel skills; other analytical tool familiarity (SQL, SAS, R) a plus
- Experience with media agencies is preferred but not required