The Associate, Local and National Media is fascinated by the video and audio ecosystem. They approach their work with enthusiasm and a desire to help their team and to grow professionally. The Associate will learn the terminology, tools, and partnerships to leverage in order to create successful national and local media placements across a variety of clients. These Associates support Media Buying Specialists across a range of activities from writing requests for proposals, checking plan submissions to buy maintenance. They have an understanding of media buying, and campaign stewardship across various media channels.
The Associate, Local and National Media is responsible for understanding the National & Local Audio and Video landscape and Empower’s capabilities. This individual develops knowledge by shadowing peers, attending Empower knowledge sharing/training sessions, reading trades/blogs, attending webinars, and engaging with the medium. In this role the candidate will begin to cultivate relationships with internal teams, practices and appropriate media partners. The right candidate enjoys the art of putting disparate pieces together to create a masterpiece, in this case, a media buy and the aptitude to work with numbers.
- Building an understanding of a brand’s customers and competitor
- Assist in developing costs and consideration sets for advertising opportunities
- Assist in writing request for proposal (RFP) and overseeing the RFP process
- Working with Media Specialists in overseeing the execution of approved advertising campaigns; including flawless budgeting, and billing
- Stewarding media campaigns, including running pre-post and final post analysis reports
- Attending practice and agency knowledge sharing sessions attentively by asking questions, taking notes, and applying learning with the goal of growing a knowledge base.
- Accurately track and manage revenue projections and media budgets.
- Experience or Knowledge of Media Traffic
Skills, Specialized Knowledge & Abilities
- In-depth knowledge of office software such as e-mail, MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience with media buying tools such as Hudson MX, Mediaocean, Prisma, Freewheel, Strata, PVX a bonus
- Strong communication, math, and negotiation skills
- Highly enthusiastic, passionate, curious, confident, and tenacious in learning.
- Demonstrated competency project management and the execution of multiple projects.
- Proven experience with customer service and common project management processes.
- Strong attention to detail with focus on project and task completion.
- Motivated by new challenges and problems to solve daily.
- Proven success in a fast-paced environment with a hands-on approach.
- Ability to negotiate with others to reach agreements/solutions that meet internal and external (client) needs.
Education & Experience
- 0-2 years’ relevant industry work experience
- Associates Degree