Empower Media, LLC is hiring an experienced solutions focused hands on Associate Director, Systems and Network Administration with very strong knowledge of Azure cloud services, Windows Server, and routing/switching technology. A well-qualified candidate will have experience working independently to drive business centered technology change with well supported solutions while focusing on security and the best possible user experience.
Leads technical support for infrastructure hosted in the on-premise datacenter and increasingly in the Azure cloud. Administers, secures, configures, monitors and tests servers for business and network operations. Configures, deploys, secures, and monitors Azure web applications. Provides suggestions and recommendations for new technology solutions. Implements end user and application security and proactively monitors storage capacities and performance for applications servers. Automates recurring tasks using PowerShell scripting. Implements and monitors application servers, upgrades, and patches. Monitors the software and hardware inventory and ensures that copyright and licensing requirements are met. Collaborates with Senior Leadership and multiple departments delivering on major initiatives. May serve internal or external clients.
- Leads daily system monitoring, verifying integrity and availability of hardware, network and server installations, configuration, systems and key processes, performance, testing, and verifies completion of scheduled jobs such as backups, restores, patches and automating reoccurring tasks. Administers Azure cloud services such as hosted SQL, web applications, storage blobs. Serves as a subject matter expert on major IT environment upgrades, enhancements, new functionality, capacities, performance, cost effectiveness, and business integrations.
- Secures servers, network devices, and Azure services according to best practices and industry standards
- Conduct monthly security reviews using a formal process
- Manage firewall firmware updates (partner supported), building WiFi in Cincinnati, Atlanta and Chicago, as well as a small but growing number of satellite offices.
- Provides input and recommendations on new potential technology solutions based on research and analysis.
- Designs and implements infrastructure solutions to meet business and technical objectives on-premise, and in the Azure Cloud.
- Analyzes and resolves technology and end user incidents during standard business hours or on-call rotations; Monitors issue resolutions and collaborates with the application team and engineers when necessary to resolve and apply fixes.
- Maintains standard application and operations procedure documentation. Cross-trains team members.
- Maintains accurate software and hardware inventory and manages the copyright and licensing requirements.
- Assists with special projects and initiatives. Plans and executes on major milestones.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 6+ years of Systems Administration experience
- Strong knowledge of Azure Cloud services
- Knowledge of network and systems including DNS, SMTP
- Competency in common IT disciplines including identity management, Exchange, SQL, Windows, Linux, firewall configuration, backup/restore, server hardening, NIST 800-53 security framework, ITIL framework
- Knowledge of automation configuration using PowerShell and/or scripting using Python, JSON
- Knowledge of VMware
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present to and collaborate with business leaders