We value the power of collaboration and teamwork; hence the candidate should be committed to working 4 days a week out of the hired city office, but with the option to work within other offices if required (Atlanta, Chicago, and Cincy).
The Director, of Media Planning, brings Media to life by designing, presenting, and overseeing our agency’s client output from the Activation Department (media planners/buyers, influencer marketing experts, and social media). Working “full stream” (up and down), the Director, Media Planning is an always-on role that is part of all important client activity. They collaborate with a core team that also includes Account, PM, Analytics, and Creative. The Director, Media Planning is responsible for bringing holistic, innovative, and creative thinking to our work.
- Co-develop brief with Account, kicking off and leading the Investment team to write data-driven, innovative, and creative media recommendations
- Partner with Analytics Lead for plan framework and measurement approach
- Present recommendations to clients, including senior clients
- Lead internal teams through activation of approved recommendations through close partnership with the internal Operations team
- Actively engage in optimizations, testing, and key reporting initiatives
- Build and maintain client flowcharts
- Merchandise the agency through quality assurance and enthusiasm for our work
- Author cross-channel POVs for clients and for the agency
- Travel up to 20%
Qualifications, Education & Experience
- 8+ years of agency experience in media or planning role
- Unwavering client and team strength, with natural ability to build widely-felt trust and rapport
- Clear and diligent communication with internal and external teams, driving for big-picture comprehension and clarity of roles and tasks across all team members
- Excellent listening and critical thinking skills to understand diverging opinions and ideas from SMEs, ultimately making the right call for a client
- Consumer empathy that translates into highly engaging and high-performing work when deployed in market
- Proven ability to spot the need to pull in other team members for help and for depth, with the humility to act on it and share the spotlight appropriately
- Ability to inspire, deliver, nurture, and celebrate innovation and creativity
- Celebrating success widely and giving needed feedback to individuals directly, diplomatically, and decisively
- Confidence to command a room to ensure strategy is heard and aligned by all parties
Empower participates in E-Verify. We will provide the Social Security Administration, and if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security, with information from each new employee’s form I-9 to confirm work authorization. Please note that we do not use this information to pre-screen job applicants. You may click on the following hyperlinks for the E-Verify Notice and Right to Work Notice.