The ideal candidate will have 5-7+ years background in digital media that includes strategy development, planning, buying, technical implementation, and campaign stewardship with direct media partnerships and with programmatic buying. They bring creativity and innovation to their work. They have experience in National and Local media, buying across channels that include Display, Audio, Video, Mobile, Native, Search, and Social. They have deep experience in creating large, custom, integrated programs with publishers and a solid reputation in the industry. They are very knowledgeable on all Google products.
The ideal candidate is a proven leader, capable of creating and articulating a vision and rallying internal and external partners around it. They should have a perspective on where the industry is going, informed by years of experience within it. They lead by example and always do the right thing when interacting with employees, clients, and media partners.
We value the power of collaboration and teamwork; hence the candidate should be committed to working 4 days a week out of the hired city office (Cincinnati, Chicago, or Atlanta).
The Digital Media Buyer's responsibilities fall under three core areas:
- Serves as the “digital quarterback” across digital efforts within Empower and across multiple client internal teams and external agency partners
- Have the ability to speak to all aspects of Digital from Digital Partnerships, Programmatic, Paid Search, and Social with support of other subject matter experts.
Media Plan Development & Deployment
- Can effectively build media plans with all types of digital tactics including but not limited to Display, Audio, Video, Mobile, Native, Paid Search and Social
- Ability to implement all necessary components to execution including tag development with agency preferred ad servers and various forms of targeting including but not limited to audience, keyword, categories, geographic, and remarketing.
- Experience with generating reports and providing topline observations and campaign implications to internal teams and clients
- Regularly consults with internal client teams to improve their knowledge and confidence in the Digital Media space
- Actively participates in Empower’s platforms, including creating case studies and authoring POVs and thought leadership pieces for the website
- Is active in new business efforts for the agency, both in supporting and lead presentation roles related to new business outreach, response to RFPs, and presentations
- Equal willingness to learn and to teach
- Innate curiosity and passion for technology with strong relationships with media partners
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business etc.
- 5-7+ years digital media strategy/planning/buying experience
- Current or past familiarity with planning tools (Nielsen, comScore), ad servers (DCM, FlashTalking, etc.), media accounting systems (MediaOcean, Prisma, Adazzle)
- Should have experience in creating, passing, and overseeing successful implementation of tracking pixels
Empower participates in E-Verify. We will provide the Social Security Administration, and if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security, with information from each new employee’s form I-9 to confirm work authorization. Please note that we do not use this information to pre-screen job applicants. You may click on the following hyperlinks for the E-Verify Notice and Right to Work Notice.