The Director, Client Leadership will be in Atlanta, GA or Cincinnati, OH, reporting into Empower’s headquarters in Cincinnati, OH. The candidate should have extensive experience with digital and traditional media strategy, planning and buying. An ideal candidate would have experience in CPG or working across retail accounts. In this role, the Director is responsible for building, leading and inspiring internal teams while also driving client thinking to provide world-class work across multiple marketing channels. The right candidate will establish trusted partnerships with clients by demonstrating deep knowledge of their business and ensuring clear, flawless communication across both organizations. He/she must be a strategic, disciplined and innovative thinker with deep working knowledge digital media including programmatic, social and paid search.
We value the power of collaboration and teamwork; hence the candidate should be committed to working 4 days a week out of the hired city office (Cincinnati, Chicago, or Atlanta).
- Responsible for the client discovery process (gathering all marketing information and historical learnings)
- Understands the client’s customer through Empower’s planning processes and the client’s marketing objectives to develop and measure Return on Investment (ROI), Return on Objective (ROO) and/or other metrics
- Responsible for developing effective media strategies and partnering with planners and subject matter experts to bring those strategies to life
- Deliver narrative around weekly, monthly and quarterly cross-channel insights
- Coach and mentor others by providing appropriate and timely feedback, creating an environment of trust, and fostering relationships that positively impact company culture
- Co-develop media briefs with Planning
- Lead multi-disciplinary teams in service of client outcomes
- Drive revenue growth of existing clients
- Support business development as needed
- Maintain awareness of new media, relevant industry/market trends; develop points-of-view regarding those trends; and communicate appropriate action steps regarding those trends
- Develop and present Statements of Work/Agreements and oversee account profitability
Education, Experience & Skills:
- Strong analytical skills with experience applying learnings to inform plans, campaigns, and programs
- Rich understanding of measurement and attribution
- Track record of successfully negotiating with clients and vendors to reach an agreement/ solution that best meets agency or client needs
- High energy, passionate, curious, confident, and tenacious in learning, coupled with the ability to navigate the nuances of different client teams
- Must be able to communicate with speed and accuracy, think quickly, and present confidently
- Should be a self-starter who is nimble and quickly adjusts to internal and external teams in an ever-changing environment
- 8 years of experience in client leadership in media and/or other advertising/marketing disciplines
- Have a track record of success in building strong relationships, influencing others, and navigating client culture
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, or equivalent knowledge & experience
Empower participates in E-Verify. We will provide the Social Security Administration, and if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security, with information from each new employee’s form I-9 to confirm work authorization. Please note that we do not use this information to pre-screen job applicants. You may click on the following hyperlinks for the E-Verify Notice and Right to Work Notice.