We are seeking a highly skilled Data Science and Engineering Specialist to join our team. The ideal candidate should have a strong background in system development and management, technology partner identification and integration, statistical and predictive analytics, data mining, machine learning, and API development. They will be responsible for ensuring the agency realizes their vision of an automated analytics platform that seamlessly infuses data end-to-end across the agencies processes.
The VP of Marketing Science Platform will lead the building and delivering analytical projects, creating frontend tools, managing company repositories, and architecting database solutions. They will own the company’s marketing analytics, dashboarding, and client-connectivity offerings that span across proprietary tools and partner technologies. They will support new business and client engagements by providing digital transformation thought leadership and representing the platform and its role in driving our client’s business.
We value the power of collaboration and teamwork; hence the candidate should be committed to working 4 days a week out of the hired city office (Cincinnati, Chicago, or Atlanta).
- Design and own Empower’s analytics platform roadmap, including platform activation and usage
- Lead a cross-functional team of data engineers, data scientists, media data specialists, visualization specialists, and platform activation experts
- Hands on leadership in building platform integrations with partner technologies, data sources, cloud vendors, and DSPs using APIs, SFTP, or other connections
- Ensure analytics and front-end tools are customizable to internal and external client needs while also being able to be efficiently managed
- Support business through development and democratization on business process simulation, mix modeling, and other analytical tools
- Lead management of company repositories, SQL architecture, and on-premise servers
- Develop documentation, marketing materials, and training resources for tools and processes. Ensure proper training and adoption.
- Manage partner relationships, focusing on data engineering, integrations, and automation
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to prioritize and build key features for applications and workflows
- Evaluate vendors for potential use and white-labeling opportunities
- Mine client datasets and structure them for ingestion into SQL and in-house analytic tools
Key Skills and Experience:
- 10+ years leading enterprise-wide marketing agency systems development, with a focus on analytics
- Experience with frontend and backend development, including API development using RESTful syntax
- A strong desire for developing holistic platforms and ability to proactively partner across organizations to make them a reality
- A robust knowledge of the media technology space, including DSPs, CDPs, and Measurement solutions (foot traffic, sales lift, brand lift, multi-touch attribution, etc. )
- Expertise in marketing mix modeling and online/offline attribution approaches, statistical analysis, predictive analytics, data mining, and machine learning
- Proficiency in Python, R, Node.js, and various ML/AI frameworks
- Strong understanding of SQL database administration, Linux server administration, and network security
- Familiarity with various tools and platforms such as Docker, Git, NGINX, Jupyter notebooks, and PowerBI
- Previous consulting experience, preferably in a data science/engineering context
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills, as well as the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
Empower participates in E-Verify. We will provide the Social Security Administration, and if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security, with information from each new employee’s form I-9 to confirm work authorization. Please note that we do not use this information to pre-screen job applicants. You may click on the following hyperlinks for the E-Verify Notice and Right to Work Notice.