Empower is hiring a Data Visualization Specialist with data engineering skills to join our team. This position is an exciting opportunity for a candidate with a passion for data visualization, media reporting, and data management. The Data Visualization Specialist will be responsible for providing technical support and guidance to internal teams such as account, finance, and planning to facilitate reporting, data access, and integration. This individual will be primarily responsible for creating, maintaining, and supporting our reporting dashboards and ensuring data accuracy and consistency across multiple systems.
We value the power of collaboration and teamwork; hence the candidate should be committed to working 4 days a week out of the hired city office (Cincinnati, Chicago, or Atlanta).
- Collaborate with internal teams to build and customize individual client reporting dashboards
- Manage the internal dashboard ticketing process and work with teams to resolve errors
- Assist with dashboarding projects, including data connections, business requirements, and setup
- Train team members on new and existing processes and best practices
- Develop and maintain SQL data extracts, scheduled jobs, API integrations, and views
- Work with client teams and subject matter experts to strategize on data-driven business process improvements
- Transition Excel-based reporting to automated and standardized solutions
- Communicate with data visualization vendors and troubleshoot dashboard and platform issues
- Provide input and recommendations on new potential data management solutions based on research and analysis
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, statistics, mathematics, economics, or other quantitative field or relevant experience
- Experience with data visualization tools, specifically PowerBI
- Strong customer service and customer relationship management experience
- Excellent communication, organization, and time management skills
- Keen attention to detail and consistent follow-through to commitments
- Experience with SQL, including complex queries and performance-focused data organization
- Experience building integrations with end-user tools, database, and data management platforms
- Knowledge of Data Management practices and architectures, such as Data Modelling, Data Warehousing, Data Lake, Data Hub, etc.
- Experience with Azure and Snowflake is a plus
Empower participates in E-Verify. We will provide the Social Security Administration, and if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security, with information from each new employee’s form I-9 to confirm work authorization. Please note that we do not use this information to pre-screen job applicants. You may click on the following hyperlinks for the E-Verify Notice and Right to Work Notice.