We value the power of collaboration and teamwork; hence the candidate should be committed to working 4 days a week out of the hired city office, but with the option to work within other offices if required (Atlanta, Chicago, and Cincy).
The Associate Director, Platforms brings together strong experience in data visualization and connecting data-driven marketing technology seamlessly through the media ecosystem.
The ideal candidate for this role has a strong understanding of media strategy objectives, channel, and industry terminology, and flows of data. They have expertise in all tools and techniques that drive world-class visualizations, proven people and collaboration skills, and rigorous views on media taxonomy and process engineering. They drive for automation and expediency.
The Associate Director works dynamically across the agency’s Marketing Science Group, Client Leadership and Media and Investment Strategy teams to deliver excellent results in an ever-changing environment.
- Ownership of Empower’s Data Visualization Platform and their day-to-day operations of it throughout the agency.
- Lead organizational change on Data Visualization on behalf of the broader Platform team, ensuring commercial capabilities are rooted in strategic organizational development standard methodologies
- Lead client data visualization projects from beginning to end. Work across multiple clients in various stages. Provide expert-level audience and platform guidance for all stakeholders.
- Serve as an organizational thought leader in data visualization and impact on client bottom line
- Work with client teams and subject matter experts to strategize on data-driven business process improvements
- Manage data visualization specialists and train broader team members on new and existing processes and best practices
- Maintain and evolve internal dashboard ticketing process and work with teams to resolve errors in line with needed service level
- Lead development of SQL data extracts, scheduled jobs, API integrations, and views as necessary
- Engage with broader Marketing Science Group (research, analytics) as necessary to deliver on agency initiatives including platform POVs, thought leadership.
- Manage key partner relationships including invoice reconciliation
- Interpret scopes of work and make changes as necessary to contracts.
- Play key role in delivering on Empower’s Marketing Science Platform roadmap
- 7+ years’ experience in data visualization with a focus in media and advertising
- Bachelor’s degree in information systems, marketing, statistics, mathematics, economics, or other quantitative field or relevant experience
- Expertise with multiple data visualization tools, ideally across Datorama, PowerBI, and Tableau
- Strong presence and customer service and customer relationship management experience
- Excellent communication, organization, and time management skills
- Thorough understanding of media timelines and process executions with vendor partners.
- Keen attention to detail and consistent follow-through to commitments
- Experience with SQL, including complex queries and performance-focused data organization
- Experience building integrations with end-user tools, database, and data management platforms
- Knowledge of Data Management practices and architectures, such as Data Modelling, Data Warehousing, Data Lake, Data Hub, etc.
- Experience with Azure and Snowflake is a plus
- Past agency or consulting experience is a plus
Empower participates in E-Verify. We will provide the Social Security Administration, and if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security, with information from each new employee’s form I-9 to confirm work authorization. Please note that we do not use this information to pre-screen job applicants. You may click on the following hyperlinks for the E-Verify Notice and Right to Work Notice.