We value the power of collaboration and teamwork; hence the candidate should be committed to working 4 days a week out of the hired city office, but with the option to work within other offices if required (Atlanta, Chicago, and Cincy).
The Supervisor of Media Strategy brings Creative Media to life by building, presenting, and overseeing our agency’s client output from the Activation Department (media planners/buyers, influencer marketing experts, and social media). The Media Supervisor supports a media planning director across a range of upstream planning activities all the way through writing buy specs and checking buys to planning for optimizations while in-flight. They collaborate with a core team that also includes Account, PM, Analytics, Creative, and Strategy. This person is responsible for bringing holistic, innovative, and creative thinking to our work.
- Assist in crafting Brief and working against the framework established within the Brief
- Partner with Analytics for audience, category, and competitive insights and measurement approach
- Communicate thoroughly with buyers to build strong, creative, innovative, and high-performing plans for clients
- Assist in building recommendations to senior internal teams and clients
- Outline POVs against existing client campaign objectives
- Work through day-to-day plan revisions and maintenance
- Translate plans to buying teams to ensure flawless execution against the plan, including assisting in writing buy specifications and double-checking buys against those specs
- Actively engage in optimizations, testing, and key reporting initiatives
- Present tactical plans both internally and externally
- Merchandise the agency through quality assurance and enthusiasm for our work
- Travel up to 20%
- 4-5 years agency experience in media buying or planning role
- Local planning experience is a plus
- Direct experience with planning tools like Nielsen, SQAD, comScore, MRI, Scarborough, MediaTools, and or Lumina
- Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong communication and presentation skills, with previous experience working directly with clients
Empower participates in E-Verify. We will provide the Social Security Administration, and if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security, with information from each new employee’s form I-9 to confirm work authorization. Please note that we do not use this information to pre-screen job applicants. You may click on the following hyperlinks for the E-Verify Notice and Right to Work Notice.