The VP, Client Leadership is responsible for the overall client relationship as well as the strategy and execution of all marketing channels for our QSR retail client. This individual is the key conduit between agency teams and the client, as well as partner agencies and other key stakeholders. The right candidate should be a strategic, disciplined, and innovative thinker, and have a broad understanding of Media Strategy, Research, Marketing & Brand Strategy, Brand Activation/Execution, Influencer Marketing, Digital, Social, Content, and Measurement & Analytics. This role will be responsible for directing our clients’ budget toward the most profitable long-term strategies that drive results, while also being able to pivot to drive short-term business results as required. He/she will be responsible for organic growth with existing clients and supporting business development efforts when needed. This person will guide and lead cross-functional teams while working with internal and external partners that support our clients’ businesses. Also important is traditional media experience as it relates to buying and planning – TV, radio, print, out of home, local sponsorships/promotions, etc. The ideal candidate will come with a strong understanding and working knowledge of the QSR retail industry.
· Manage and lead teams to bring creative and strategic thinking to every plan/project, provide goals and objectives and develop appropriate tactics to drive and measure results.
· Delegate when appropriate to allow others to develop problem solving & decision-making competencies.
· Coach/mentor others by providing appropriate and timely feedback, creating an environment of trust, and fostering relationships that positively impact company culture.
· Responsible for the development and sharing of detailed Media/Creative Briefs with Empower Practice Teams.
· Ensure the clients’ media and marketing needs are addressed and analyzed to develop an effective media/marketing strategy.
· Maintain relationships with senior client leaders and be a confident presenter to recommend ways to improve media efficiency and effectiveness based on ROI and ROAS analyses.
· Assist in the development and presentation of annual client P&L and compensation agreements, oversee account profitability, and deliver Client Satisfaction Action Plans.
· Maintain awareness of relevant industry and market trends, report key insights regarding those trends and communicate to the client appropriate action steps regarding those insights.
· Provide thought leadership to both the internal agency team as well as the client teams.
· Partner with the New Business team by identifying new business opportunities, assisting, or attending pitches, working with Specialists to develop strategic media recommendations, and providing resources as needed.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
· Bachelor’s degree in Business, Advertising, Marketing, or equivalent knowledge & experience.
· QSR experience preferred – retail experience a must.
· 10+ years’ experience developing traditional, digital, and experiential marketing strategies, managing holistic programs and media campaigns in a Marketing Agency environment is required.
· Must have a proven track record in building consultative relationships from the C-Suite level down to the assistant level.
· Exceptional presentation skills and the ability to make the complex simple and easy to understand for audiences not sophisticated in media.
· Strong training and mentorship skills to develop team members.
· Experience creating a seamless integrated working partnership at the clients’ location while remaining connected to the Agency’s HQ.
· In-depth knowledge of MS Office applications and media platforms.
· High energy, passionate, curious, confident, tenacious in learning and shows initiative to research new ideas.
· Superior communication skills, creative problem resolution skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
· Strong attention to detail and outstanding organizational skills a must.
· This role will require approximately 10-15% travel to various client markets and Agency offices.