The Data Management Director is responsible for the strategy, organization, management and analysis of audience data flowing through Empower’s platforms. The Director will lead conversations with clients and internal teams to help activate clients’ audiences for targeting, attribution, and insight generation.
We are looking for someone who is intellectually curious with the drive and experience to work as a partner to Empower’s buying team to ensure proper data flow to buying platforms. The ideal candidate will be well versed in data onboarding, DMP tools and 3rd party data vendor partnerships. They will demonstrate technical acumen built from years of experience in the space, and will be comfortable talking website and mobile applications of audience data tracking and management, as well as, CRM applications for audience management.
He/She will demonstrate thought leadership in the audience management space, including authorship of opinion pieces related to evolutions in the space around technology, consumer behavior, and regulation. Being able to simplify a complex and ever-changing landscape is important, and this role is part of a review team looking to the future of audience management, including assessing the tools and solutions for tomorrow’s marketing landscape.
- 50% of the time for this position will be devoted to driving client-specific use cases and 50% will be team management, thought leadership, and marketing/business development-related activities
- Lead the audit and requirement gathering meetings with clients around site/app data and CRM/customer list data
- Actively engage with Strategy in developing the vision for audience data activation based on client’s individual needs and data sets available
- Work closely with Empower Planning & Investment teams, including Empower’s ClearTrade® programmatic trading desk, to identify and deploy the right data for targeting and attribution
- Bridge the technical gap between client data availability and marketing activation
- Work independently and provide oversight for 1-2 individuals
- Handle multiple projects and accounts concurrently with prioritizing efficiently
- Manage the workflow in Empower’s/client’s DMP(s), and/or Empower/client onboarding platform(s)
- Onboarding and successful ongoing engagement with data and tech partners and vendors
- Run reports and analyze information to provide audience insights and recommendations across brands and campaigns
- Recognizes problems in data gathering and activation and troubleshoots effectively
- Recommends new agency data solutions
- Strategic, driven, and proactive
- Excellent communication skills both internally and externally
- Demonstrated ability to be creative; to put structure around vague and unstructured requests/discussions.
- Comfortable in dealing with ambiguity and managing change, plus the capacity to move through road-blocks with enthusiasm and alacrity.
- Strong work ethic, able to demonstrate appropriate urgency
- High level of comfortable with digital technology
- Ability to maintain a positive, calm attitude in a sometimes-challenging and often fast-paced working environment
- Accepts ultimate accountability for own work
- Proven ability to think through testing objectives, develop tests, track performance, and understand when enough data has been collected to make a determination
- 3-5 years of AdTech background is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or higher; preference given to Marketing, Marketing Research, Business Analytics, or similar educational backgrounds
- Experience in a professional office setting
- Experience working with numbers and generating reports
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Proficient with data onboarding/management platforms such as Adobe, Oracle, Lotame, and LiveRamp
- SQL experience preferred, but not a must
- Experience in Google Analytics preferred, but not a must
- Experience in R, Python preferred, but not a must