Empower is seeking a Director of Programmatic Media to join our strong, in-house team of programmatic planners and buyers. The Director designation will be reflective of the candidate’s background and experience.
Empower’s programmatic media solution, ClearTrade® was the first fully-transparent agency solution to hit the marketplace in 2013. Since then, ClearTrade® has seen an increase of 90% adoption across our portfolio of clients. Our programmatic platform has been battle-tested and has won multiple head-to-head bake-offs with other DSPs and trading desks. As a result our platform has helped Empower earn recognition as the Programmatic Agency of the Year, Creative Media Agency of the Year, and National Media Agency of the Year.
We are looking for a Director with deep, hands-on experience in programmatic buying. The successful candidate will have 7+ years’ experience leading clients and internal teams leveraging both our agency platform and the managed service DSP solution.
The right candidate will have management skills in addition to their programmatic experience. The Director will work closely with Empower’s Technology and Analytics teams to constantly improve the ClearTrade® product solution. The Director will have strong partnerships with external technology partners who are part of other licensed solution. We look for the right candidate to have experience in seeking out and report on industry trends and intelligence as well as being comfortable with being client facing on current or new business. This position will report to the Practice Lead/Senior Director of the ClearTrade and Digital Media Team.
- Innovation of the ClearTrade® solution, including product, people, process, and technology
- Thought leadership (written/recorded) that is sharp and pointed enough to be featured in front clients, prospects, and at a National level within the trade
- Direct client responsibility in a fully client-facing role
- Mentorship, training, coaching, and development of internal teams
- Regular quality audits of internal teams’ work to highlight learning opportunities and identify best practices to be shared across teams
- Maintaining an understanding of agency and client P&Ls related to programmatic media, with successful integration into resourcing planning conversations to ensure the right number of staff is available to drive client work forward
- Representing Empower in New Business pursuits and pitches on an as-needed basis
- Travel up to 15%
- 6+ years experience with self-serve Demand Side Platforms, such as DV360, The Trade Desk, Beeswax etc.
- Data Management Platform experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Experience in a professional capacity that leaned heavily on the regular use of testing and numerical tracking to improve results
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, particularly Outlook and Excel