The Associate Director, Digital Analytics is responsible for providing reporting, observations and analysis of performance across multiple digital channels for Empower Clients. The ideal candidate is curious, attentive and adaptable; capable of both executing complex, actionable analysis and presenting their findings to Clients. This role will interface tightly with multiple internal stakeholders at Empower and with our Clients. The analysis the Analyst will provide will be used to power data-driven decision-making related to how, where, when and within what audiences we invest our Client’s marketing dollars.
- Provide detailed analysis of performance across Search, Social, Programmatic, and Display channels on an on-going basis, working from extracted files and web-based systems to pull data and filter across multiple different potential dimensions for understanding of trends, commonalities, and important variances
- Seek out improvements in our internal reporting processes and deliverables
- Proactively engages with client teams (Account, Planning, Digital) in order to understand what is in market and why, then actively monitors those campaigns across channels and audiences to elevate findings and develop actionable insights for longer term optimization
- Understand the differences in methodology across different tracking systems and synthesize those differences for internal team and client understanding.
- Roll up your sleeves often and dive into platforms to find stories worth telling and to troubleshoot different perspectives from different tools
- Support the development of testing roadmaps, measurement plans and KPI reporting based on set marketing objectives linked to key campaigns and always-on digital marketing tactics, including setting ROI and/or ROAS targets.
- Create ad hoc analysis for client stakeholders throughout marketing and e-commerce, working with the digital channel leads, planning, and client service departments.
- Assist in designing, executing, and reporting on tests of digital marketing efficiency at the channel, ad type, audience, platform and tactic levels.
- Minimum 5 years in an analytical function working directly in cross-channel digital marketing
- Direct experience working across social platforms, search platforms, and 3rd party ad servers
- Retail and/or e-commerce experience is a plus
- Experience in concisely visualizing and communicating data-driven analyses and findings to internal and external stakeholders
- Expert Excel skills; other analytical tool familiarity a plus (SQL, SAS, BI Tools, etc.)
- Experience with web analytics software and data visualization tools (e.g., Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, Tableau)
- Proficient in other MS Office programs: Word, PowerPoint Excel
- Bachelor's degree, ideally in engineering, math, statistics, finance or other quantitative focused area of study.
- Self-Starter: Proven track record of being able to work independently and proactively engage with business stakeholders with minimal direction.
- Analytical Thinker: It’s imperative this candidate possess critical thinking and strong analytical skills. They should be able to readily identify themes and/or problems and formulate practical solutions.
- Looking beyond the numbers: This is not just a reporting role. The right candidate will develop familiarity and intuition related to the cadence of our businesses and use that to provide insightful recommendations.
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills, as well as the ability to articulate clearly and effectively in person and in writing
- Excellent organizational and project management skills; organized with ability to multi-task, prioritize, work quickly and to tight deadlines