The Senior Director Data & Analytics role is a leadership role within the Empower Intelligence department, working collaboratively with buying and planning to provide insight and industry leadership in the media measurement and modeling space. The ideal candidate would have a strong attention to detail, strategic focus, exposure to media models (e.g, Market Mix Modeling, MTA, Attribution) and understanding around audience activation and measurement. A Senior Director is expected to solve problems independently and lead conversations with clients and internal teams.
We are looking for someone who is intellectually curious with the drive and experience to work as a partner across other Empower departments and critical agency clients.
They will demonstrate thought leadership in the data and analytics space, specifically related to media measurement. Being able to simplify a complex and a rapidly changing measurement landscape is important, and this role will be part of a team that shapes the toolbox and solutions for tomorrow’s marketing landscape across CPG, Retail, Financial and Healthcare clients.
• 65% of the time for this position will be devoted to driving client-specific use cases and 35% will be team management, thought leadership, and marketing/business development-related activities
• Actively engage with Empower Planning & Investment teams, including Empower’s ClearTrade® programmatic trading desk to provide data driven, audience led insight for planning and measurement
• Have a working knowledge and be able to articulate broader industry measurement tools and solutions
• Work independently and provide oversight for 1-2 individuals
• Handle multiple projects and/or accounts concurrently with prioritizing efficiently
• Analyze information from reporting platforms to provide audience insights and recommendations across brands and campaigns
• Recognizes problems in data gathering and activation and troubleshoots effectively
• Recommends new agency data solutions
• Strategic, driven, and proactive with a strong combination of analytic aptitude and creative problem- solving skills
• Excellent communication skills both internally and externally
• Demonstrated ability to be creative; to put structure around vague and unstructured requests/discussions.
• Cross Channel Response Attribution Analytics & Media Plan Optimization (e.g. modeling, MTA, ad effectiveness studies)
• In Channel Response Attribution Analytics & Investment Plan Optimization
• Strong work ethic, able to demonstrate appropriate urgency
• High level of comfortable with digital technology
• Ability to maintain a positive, calm attitude in a sometimes-challenging and often fast-paced working environment
• Accepts ultimate accountability for own work
• Proven ability to think through testing objectives, develop tests, track performance, and understand when enough data has been collected to make a determination
• Bachelor’s degree or higher; preference given to Marketing, Marketing Research, Business Analytics, or similar educational background
• 8+ Experience in Marketing Analytics for agency and / or client side role
• Extensive client facing responsibility; proactively leads the client toward the most innovative and effective solutions.
• Minimum 3 years’ experience managing a team (more than one person).
• Excellent mentor, coach who communicates regularly and clearly with direct reports and the team.
• Excellent presentation skills: internally and externally. Passion for industry knowledge/trends and willing to share.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
• Experience in Google Analytics
• Experience in data visualization like Tableau or Power BI is a plus
• Experience in R, Python preferred
• Experience/exposure to data onboarding/management platforms such as Adobe, Oracle, Lotame, and LiveRamp