The Programmatic Buying Senior Specialist pushes the envelope of technological capability in bringing automated advertising campaigns to life. Working as part of the ClearTrade® programmatic buying solution at Empower, the Sr. Specialist is responsible for planning, executing, optimizing, and reporting on programmatic campaigns. The Programmatic Buying Specialist embraces change, enjoys optimizing campaigns by coming up with hypotheses and testing them out, is analytical, an excel-guru and a self-starter. The Specialist is equally comfortable working behind the scenes or directly with clients on a case by case basis.
- Work closely with Account to create programmatic strategies, campaigns, optimizations, reports, and Quarterly Business review decks.
- Ability to take a media brief and produce a fully thought out, impactful programmatic campaign with recommendations around
- Developing an understanding of the product/service and how to best reach our target
- Investigating potential audience and contextual fits
- Works closely with the Data Management Team to research and select 1st, 2nd or 3rd party audiences for use
- Recommending partners and platforms to use based on KPIs
- Selects and negotiates with programmatic media partners for programmatic PMP deals, and guaranteed deals
- Activate approved campaigns working with platform partners and internal teams
- Relentlessly test new and different ways to improve campaign performance against objective
- Methodically track test scenarios, record learnings, and share widely across the team utilizing a testing roadmap.
- Pull and analyze reports that help illuminate optimization/performance highlights or develop a better understanding of the audiences/environments that drive performance
- Participate in internal team meetings on key topics or with important media/technology partners
- Embrace new opportunities to learn more about or test new automated buying approaches, platforms, technologies
- Stays up-to-date on industry knowledge, publisher knowledge for new and innovative inventory opportunities and shares knowledge regularly with the team
- Work closely with Director of team on multiple accounts, new business leads, etc.
- Help coach and mentor junior members of the team
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Self-motivated, entrepreneurial
- Extremely organized, adept note taker
- Strong work ethic, able to demonstrate appropriate urgency in client-facing role
- Proven ability to handle multiple assignments in high pressure environments
- Ability to maintain a positive, calm attitude in a sometimes-challenging and often fast-paced working environment
- Communicates effectively with many different personality types
- Proven ability to think through testing objectives, develop tests, track performance, and understand when enough data has been collected to make a determination
- 4+ years experience with self-serve Demand Side Platforms, such as DV360, The Trade Desk, Beeswax etc.
- Data Management Platform experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree or higher