The role of the Sr. Manager of Training Operations is responsible for managing, designing, developing, coordinating and facilitating Empower technical skills training initiatives, as well as to providing support to the Agency Operations team.
- Conduct organization-wide training needs assessment and identify skills or knowledge gaps that need to be addressed.
- Partner with team leads across the organization to strategically plan annual training initiatives for the agency.
- Design and develop training programs or micro-lessons, educational aids and materials (outsourced and/or in-house), alongside subject matter experts.
- Select appropriate training methods or activities (e.g. virtual, simulations, mentoring, on-the-job training, professional development classes).
- Manage training calendar, coordinate logistics (internally and externally) of training initiatives and provide necessary information about sessions, including follow up materials.
- Conduct regular evaluations to identify areas for improvement in program offerings, processes and workflows for quality and effectiveness; make recommendations for improvement.
- Stay up-to-date on new training methods and techniques.
- Partner with HR to develop training plans to meet the needs of individual development plans throughout the agency.
- Maintain the agency’s intranet database of knowledge to ensure content is up-to-date, accurate and available for all employees.
Qualifications, Education & Experience
- Preferred ideal candidate has experience in human resources, operations, project management, or training
- Agency and/or media knowledge preferred
- Knowledge of learning management systems a plus
- Proven ability to complete full training cycle (assess needs, plan, develop, coordinate, monitor and evaluate)
- Familiarity with traditional and modern job training methods and techniques
- MS Office proficiency
- Advanced organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple assignments
- Strong communication and presentation skills