The Director’s role is managerial, but also one of agency leadership. You will help lead the search group & responsibility will extend from complete oversight of assigned clients, to staff management & development. This person sets the working style for the group and is responsible for the media work and planning operations for assigned accounts across multiple channels. This position will be based in either Cincinnati, Chicago or Atlanta.
You will provide strategic leadership and understand all aspects of the client’s business. The ideal candidate will have a 4+ year background in search media including strategy development, planning, buying, technical implementation, optimizations, and campaign stewardship. And can easily jump in a platform to guide a conversation.
You should have expert paid experience across all major search platforms including Google and Bing as well as a working knowledge of Amazon search, search aggregators and use of analytics software. You will have deep experience in creating highly technical campaigns covering upper funnel to lower funnel with pixels, audiences, and conversion-based ad units. You are curious and stay up to date on platform updates, beta tests, and upcoming new platform releases.?Anticipating the needs of the Sr Director and VP of Search/Social and provide concise, actionable information on account opportunities, account obstacles and direct reports.
The Director of Search is a proven leader, capable of creating and articulating a vision and rallying internal and external partners around that vision. They have a perspective on where the industry is going, informed by years of experience that is shown by example of progressive responsibility. They lead by example and always do the right thing when interacting with employees, clients, and media partners.?
- Responsible for total management of an assigned client(s) business throughout the entire strategic, planning and implementation process
- Ensure that client delivered day-to-day work is delivered with 100% accuracy
- You will be the “search quarterback” across search efforts within Empower and across multiple client internal teams and external agency partners. ?Able to speak to all aspects of search from Partnerships, Ad Units, Testing Road Maps, Pixels, Measurement, etc. with support of other subject matter experts.
- Draw insight from program results and ensure dialogue with client and internal team on informed strategic implications
- Coaches, mentors, builds, and improves a team of Search Media subject matter experts
- Must actively provide direct feedback (positive and negative) to team members to improve the quality of work they provide their clients and client teams
- Lead regular meetings with teams to improve their knowledge and confidence in the Search Media space
- Is active in new business efforts for the agency, both in supporting and potential presentation roles related to new business outreach, response to RFPs, and presentations
- Actively participates in Empower’s platforms, including creating case studies, authoring POVs, and writing thought leadership pieces for the website
- 4+ years search media strategy/planning/buying experience within an agency
- 2+ years managing team members
- Deep knowledge with all search platforms and experience creating a full funnel plan that includes ecommerce
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Track record of being able to solve complex issues
- Robust measurement and reporting experience
- Proven ability with insight development
- History of building and growing teams
- Innate curiosity and passion for technology
- Proven record of budget management and creation
- Proficient, knowledgeable and or certified in but not limited to:
- Microsoft Office, Advanced skills in Excel and PowerPoint
- Google Ads Search Certification
- Bing Ads Certification
- Google Analytics
- Experience working and communicating across different types of digital activations (search, social, programmatic)
- Experience integrating with other expertise areas, specifically digital, creative and video
- Current or past experience in creating and overseeing successful implementation of tracking pixels
- Retail or CPG experience