Empower Media Marketing is hiring an experienced IT MAC Support Specialist with extensive experience deploying, configuring, troubleshooting, and managing Mac laptops in an enterprise environment with a mix of operating systems. A well-qualified candidate will have experience managing a sizeable Mac fleet using industry best practices and enterprise management tools like JAMF. This position will be responsible for training, documentation, and security. Must be able to work independently to drive business-centered technology change with well-supported solutions while focusing on security and the best possible user experience.
This position serves as the internal technical support resource for Mac laptops and supporting systems and processes. Provides suggestions and recommendations for new technology solutions. Reports to the Help Desk Director and works closely with other members of the IT staff. May serve internal or external clients.
- Serve as the primary resource for organization-wide support of Mac OS, hardware, and peripherals.
- Leverage enterprise platforms to deploy, inventory, and manage laptop software and hardware.
- Test, plan, and deploy OS and application updates using a formal, recurring, documented process.
- Utilize ITIL methodology to provide best-in-class support and change management for Mac systems.
- Manage vendor relationships and Apple contracts.
- Provide domain knowledge of JAMF and Apple licensing.
- Fulfill elevated access requests via remote support or centrally managed software pushes.
- Assist with monthly security reviews using a formal process.
- Provide input and recommendations on new potential technology solutions based on research and analysis. Automate when possible.
- Maintain standard application and operations procedure documentation. Cross-trains team members. Develop end-user training programs.
- Assist in maintaining accurate software and hardware inventory and manages the copyright and licensing requirements.
- Assist with special projects and initiatives. Plans and executes on major milestones.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- 3+ years supporting Mac OS and Mac hardware in an enterprise environment.
- Experience providing centralized and standardized organization-wide support.
- Familiar with IT and security industry standards and best practices.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to provide remote or desk-side support.
- Experience with JAMF required.
- ACSP certification preferred.