The SVP, Research & Analytics works closely with clients, internal agency teams and third-party partners to ensure our clients understand their target audiences and the clients’ media investments are backed by robust measurement plans that quantify the impact of the media investment on business outcomes. The SVP will oversee a team of researchers, data scientists, and analysts in the delivery of specific agency Intelligence products, as well as handling priority ad hoc requests from internal and external teams. The range of oversight will include marketing mix modeling, mass media attribution, digital attribution, cross-channel effectiveness, brand lift studies, purchase journey research, social listening, competitive spending analysis, and agency ad tech for 1st party data onboarding, segmentation, and related performance measurement.
The role will benefit from considerable prior agency experience, working both behind the scenes in managing teams and improving products, as well as leading the charge on some key requests from high-priority clients or business development opportunities.
The right candidate:
The right candidate for this role will help our agency fulfill our promises to each client of 1) building an in-depth and actionable understanding of their consumer purchase journey, and 2) building detailed performance systems that help us optimize for continuously better advertising performance. She/he will be fearless in driving conversations, presentations, and delivering solutions that matter to our clients, with a strong, proven background in C-suite relationship-building and business development.
The right person will be very familiar and successful in leading teams with strong vision and clear delegation, but will also be fearless in rolling up their sleeves with key data sets to help deliver or improve our Research and Analytics products where needed. They will foster relationships with internal Integrated Planning and Client Service teams, while working very closely with the agency Chief Product Officer and Product Development teams to imagine and deliver future Research & Analytics products.
· 10+ years of experience in marketing analytics or business intelligence with a focus in analytics
· Experience working for a Media/Advertising agency
· Experience leading a team of 10+ people
· Extensive experience in digital media, working across the open web and multiple walled gardens
· Ability to apply leading edge techniques to business problems and to leverage external thinking
· Ability to translate data into valuable insights, and teaching that behavior across multiple teams
· Highly versed in analytics and research methodologies
· Demonstrated track record of implementing operational excellence (e.g. process efficiencies, effectiveness tools and technologies) in a Research & Analytics function
· Oversee Advanced Analytics, Research, Digital Analytics, and Ad Tech teams, training and mentoring the future leaders of these areas for Empower
· Co-develop and evangelize strong measurement framework and learning agenda visualizations for our clients
· Actively participate in new and organic business development
· Regularly contribute to agency thought leadership
· Regularly present to key clientele, forming strong relationships with client executive teams
· Jump in and solve key client problems related to Research & Analytics
· Actively forge relationships with internal teams to uncover problems and opportunities that can be solved through Research & Analytics
· Partner with Agency Operations team on process and product delivery
· Must be technically savvy about measurement and analytics, but equally important to make knowledge accessible to non-technical stakeholders
· Comfortable operating in ambiguity and being a beacon for providing clarity
· Superior interpersonal skills to establish trusted advisor status with clients (both internal agency and external)
· Compelling storytelling and presentation skills that will bring the work to life in a clear and concise manner
· Problem solver comfortable working across a wide range of partners and deliverables
· Highly responsive and organized while also being strategically minded
· Keeping up to date with all news and innovation within the sector?
· Bachelor’s Degree (MBA preferred)?