Empower Media Marketing is hiring an experienced Database Administrator with a passion for learning and proficiency implementing technology solutions to business process improvement. A well-qualified candidate will have experience with database management, supporting a wide variety of applications, transforming business and Excel-based processes by leveraging database concepts, scripting/programming basics, and the ability to work independently to drive business centered technology change with well supported solutions while focusing on security and the best possible user experience.
This position serves as the internal technical support resource for business applications including hosted and internally developed systems. The position will provide database and application configuration and technical support for systems hosted in the on-premise datacenter and increasingly in Azure. Administers, secures, configures, monitors and tests Azure web apps and Microsoft SQL databases. Provides suggestions and recommendations for new technology solutions. Collaborates with senior leadership and multiple departments delivering on major initiatives. May serve internal or external clients
- Create, modify, and manage SQL databases supporting business critical applications.
- Provide support for NetSuite ERP based reporting and configurations.
- Provide 1st tier support for a variety of business applications and escalate to SMEs when appropriate.
- Work closely with business units and SMEs to strategize on technology driven business process improvements.
- Manage, document, and troubleshoot SQL data extracts, scheduled jobs, and views.
- Develop, document, and maintain application APIs.
- Assist with Excel based reporting and implement process improvements.
- Assist with monthly security reviews using a formal process.
- Provide input and recommendations on new potential technology solutions based on research and analysis. Automate when possible.
- Maintain standard application and operations procedure documentation. Cross-trains team members.
- Assist in maintaining accurate software and hardware inventory and manages the copyright and licensing requirements.
- Assist with special projects and initiatives. Plans and executes on major milestones.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 6+ years of related experience
- Competency with Microsoft SQL databases, table queries. Azure experience preferred.
- Experience with ERP configuration and reporting required. Preferably using NetSuite.
- Experience working with and troubleshooting Excel formulas, pivot tables, VBA
- Knowledge of automation configuration using PowerShell and/or scripting using Python, JSON
- Awareness of ITIL and OWASP principles
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present to and collaborate with business leaders