The ideal candidate will have an 8+ year background in digital media that includes strategy development, planning, buying, technical implementation, and campaign stewardship with direct media partnerships and with programmatic buying. They bring creativity and innovation to their work. They have experience in National and Local, buying across channels that include Display, Audio, Video, Mobile, Native, and Social. They have deep experience in creating large, custom, integrated programs with publishers and a solid reputation in the industry. They are very knowledgeable on all Google products.
The Digital Media Associate Director is a proven leader, capable of creating and articulating a vision and rallying internal and external partners around it. They have a perspective on where the industry is going, informed by years of experience within it. They lead by example and always do the right thing when interacting with employees, clients, and media partners.
The Digital Media Associate Director’s responsibilities fall under three core areas:
- Serves as the “digital quarterback” across digital efforts within Empower and across multiple client internal teams and external agency partners
- Have the ability to speak to all aspects of Digital from Digital Partnerships, Programmatic, Search, and Social with support of other subject matter experts.
- Coaches, mentors, builds a team of Digital Media subject matter experts (SMEs) through on-going training
- As a leader this role will be an important partner in the in the hiring process performance management as it relates to employee evaluations/reviews
- Works with Practice Leader to determine staffing assignments, growth opportunities etc.
- Regularly consults with internal client teams to improve their knowledge and confidence in the Digital Media space
- Actively participates in Empower’s platforms, including creating case studies and authoring POVs and thought leadership pieces for the website
- Is active in new business efforts for the agency, both in supporting and lead presentation roles related to new business outreach, response to RFPs, and presentations
- Equal willingness to learn and to teach
- Innate curiosity and passion for technology with a strong relationships with media partners
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business etc.
- 8+ years digital media strategy/planning/buying experience
- Current or past familiarity with planning tools (Nielsen, comScore), ad servers (DCM, FlashTalking, etc.), media accounting systems (MediaOcean, Prisma, Adazzle)
- Should have experience in creating, passing, and overseeing successful implementation of tracking pixels