This role can be located in Cincinnati, Chicago, or Atlanta. Please select your desired location in the application.
The Director’s role is managerial, but also one of agency leadership. You will help lead the social group & responsibility will extend from complete oversight of assigned clients, to staff management & development. This person sets the working style for the group and is responsible for the media work and planning operations for assigned accounts across multiple social channels.
You will provide strategic leadership and understand all aspects of the client’s business.The ideal candidate will have a 4+ year background in social media including strategy development, planning, buying, technical implementation, optimizations and campaign stewardship.
You should have strong paid experience across all major social platforms including; Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat, Twitter and LinkedIn. You will have deep experience in creating highly technical campaigns covering upper funnel with reach and awareness to lower funnel with pixels and conversion. You are curious and stay up to date on platform update, beta tests, and upcoming new platform releases. Anticipating the needs of the Sr Director and VP of Social and provide concise, actionable information on account opportunities, account obstacles and direct reports.
The Social Media Director is a proven leader, capable of creating and articulating a vision and rallying internal and external partners around it. They have a perspective on where the industry is going, informed by years of experience within it. They lead by example and always do the right thing when interacting with employees, clients, and media partners.
- Responsible for total management of an assigned client(s) business throughout the entire strategic, planning and implementation process
- Ensure that client delivered day-to-day work is delivered with 100% accuracy
- You will be the “social quarterback” across social efforts within Empower and across multiple client internal teams and external agency partners. Able to speak to all aspects of social from Partnerships, Placements, Ad Units, Testing Road Maps, Pixels, Measurement, etc. with support of other subject matter experts.
- Draw insight from program results and ensure dialogue with client and internal team on informed strategic implications
- Coaches, mentors, builds and improves a team of Social Media subject matter experts
- Holds a leadership role in the hiring process, employee evaluations/reviews, and training
- Must actively provide direct feedback (positive and negative) to team members to improve the quality of work they provide their clients and client teams
- Lead regular meetings with teams to improve their knowledge and confidence in the Social Media space
- Is active in new business efforts for the agency, both in supporting and lead presentation roles related to new business outreach, response to RFPs, and presentations
- Actively participates in Empower’s platforms, including creating case studies, authoring POVs, and writing thought leadership pieces for the website
- 4+ years of social media strategy/planning/buying experience
- 2+ years managing team members
- Deep knowledge with all social platforms and experience creating a full-funnel plan
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Robust measurement, reporting and insight development background
- History of building and growing teams
- Innate curiosity and passion for technology
- Proven record of budget management and creation
- Proficient, knowledgeable and or certified in but not limited to:
- Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
- Facebook Blue Print
- Twitter Flight School
- Google Analytics
- Facebook Business Manager
- Twitter Ads
- Experience working within an agency setting managing multiple clients
- Experience integrating with other expertise areas, specifically digital, creative, and influencer
- Current or past experience in creating and overseeing the successful implementation of tracking pixels
- Retail or CPG experience