This role can be located in either our Cincinnati or Chicago office. Please select your location in the application.
The Media Planner brings Media Plans to life by building, presenting, and overseeing our agency’s client output from the Activation Department (media planners/buyers, influencer marketing experts, and social media). The Media Planner supports a Media Planning Director across a range of upstream planning activities all the way through writing buy specs and checking buys to planning for optimizations while in-flight. They collaborate with a core team that also includes Client Services, Analytics, Creative, and Strategy. The Media Planner is responsible for bringing holistic, innovative, and creative thinking to our work.
• Assist in crafting Brief and working against the framework established within the Brief
• Partner with Analytics for audience, category, and competitive insights and measurement approach
• Communicate thoroughly with buyers to build strong, creative, innovative, and high-performing plans for clients
• Assist in building recommendations to senior internal teams and clients
• Work through plan revisions
• Translate plans to buying teams to ensure flawless execution against the plan, including assisting in writing buy specifications and double checking buys against those specs
• Actively engage in optimizations, testing, and key reporting initiatives
• Build and maintain client flowcharts
• Merchandise the agency through quality assurance and enthusiasm for our work
• 2+ years agency experience in media buying or planning role
• Direct experience with planning tools like Nielsen, SQAD, comScore, MRI, Scarborough, and flowcharting tools
• Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
• Strong communication skills, with previous experience working directly with clients