This role can be located in Cincinnati, Chicago, or Atlanta. Please select your desired location in the application.
The ideal candidate will have a 7+ year background in social media including strategy development, planning, buying, technical implementation, optimizations and campaign stewardship. They have strong paid experience across all major social platforms including; Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat, Twitter and LinkedIn. They have deep experience in creating highly technical campaigns covering upper funnel with reach and awareness to lower funnel with pixels and conversion. They are curious and stay up to date on platform update, beta tests, and upcoming new platform releases.
The Social Media Associate Director is a proven leader, capable of creating and articulating a vision and rallying internal and external partners around it. They have a perspective on where the industry is going, informed by years of experience within it. They lead by example and always do the right thing when interacting with employees, clients, and media partners.
- Plays highly billable role
- Maintains regular contact with key client leaders
- serves as the “social quarterback” across social efforts within Empower and across multiple client internal teams and external agency partners. Able to speak to all aspects of social from Partnerships, Placements, Ad Units, Testing Road Maps, Pixels, Measurement, etc. with support of other subject matter experts.
- Travel between 10-20% based on client assignments
- Coaches, mentors, builds and improves a team of Social Media subject matter experts
- Holds a leadership role in the hiring process, employee evaluations/reviews, and training
- Must actively provide direct feedback (positive and negative) to team members to improve the quality of work they provide their clients and client teams
- Business Development
- Regularly consults with internal client teams to improve their knowledge and confidence in the Social Media space
- Is active in new business efforts for the agency, both in supporting and lead presentation roles related to new business outreach, response to RFPs, and presentations
- Actively participates in Empower’s platforms, including creating case studies, authoring POVs, and writing thought leadership pieces for the website
- 7+ years social media strategy/planning/buying experience
- 2+ years managing team members
- Exceptional experience with all social platforms and deep experience with Facebook/Instagram
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Robust measurement, reporting and insight development background
- Equal willingness to learn and to teach
- Innate curiosity and passion for technology
- Serial collaborator
- High degree of initiative
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience developing an organic social strategy
- Experience working within an agency setting managing multiple clients
- Experience integrating with other expertise areas, specifically digital, creative, and influencer
- Current or past experience in creating and overseeing the successful implementation of tracking pixels
- Retail or CPG experience