This role can be located in Cincinnati, Chicago, or Atlanta. Please select your desired location in the application.
The Director, Communications Strategy will shape how our clients’ brands interact and intersect with consumers. This role will inform and guide the creation of meaningful, impactful connections between brand and consumers through work that resonates at every touchpoint in the consumer journey. A great storyteller, who is able to identify key insights from data and research, to develop strategies – strategies that guide channel planning and ensuring messaging, creative, content is aligned with the needs and attributes unique to each media platform and channel.
Making an Impact
- Develops consumer-centric communication strategies that deliver relevant and inspiring creative/content appropriate to audience and channel
- Excellent communicator, writer - crafting strategies, led by data and insights, that are convincing and inspiring
- Develops briefs in collaboration with creative, media, and cross-functional SMEs to map out the strategic approach for integrated communication plans, audience/channel activation, and measurement plans
- Digital and multi-channel fluency, understanding how people engage with channels and messaging as part of the holistic customer experience
- Adept with data and how that should inform and decision media and creative
- Champions development of agile content, messaging
- Highly collaborative across client leadership teams, integrated planning, creative, BD, measurement, and all facets of the agency
- Integral to defining how the cross functional team elevates strategic thinking and creates best-in-class work; playing a role in refining the methodologies and practices for the Strategy discipline
- Creative, innovative problem solver - able to simplify complex challenges and issues to arrive at actionable strategies and solutions
- Endlessly curious about culture, societal and market shifts, consumer behavior (a cultural ethnographer)
- Able to guide research, field studies and analyze data and outcomes to uncover human insights
- Obsessed with measurement and accountability of strategy to business results
In addition to the above, 8-10 years experience in similar space (comms planning, media strategy, digital strategy) preferably in an agency environment. Retail experience is a plus. Strong organizational and analytical skills, able to multi-task with pace.