Empower is hiring an experienced Business Systems Engineer with a passion for learning and proficiency implementing Finance and HR technology solutions and business process improvement. A well-qualified candidate will have ERP and reporting experience, preferably Oracle NetSuite. Necessary experience also includes providing application support, business process improvement, transforming business and Excel based processes by leveraging database concepts, scripting/programming basics, and the ability to work independently to drive business centered technology change with well supported solutions while focusing on security and the best possible user experience.
This position serves as the internal technical support resource for Finance and HR business applications including SaaS services and internally developed Azure hosted systems. Collaborates with senior leadership and multiple departments delivering on major initiatives. May serve internal or external clients.
· Manage and document system configurations and integrations.
· Create, modify, and manage dashboards and reporting for business critical applications.
· Work closely with business units and SMEs to strategize on technology driven business process improvements.
· Manage, document, and troubleshoot SQL data extracts, scheduled jobs, and views.
· Develop, document, and maintain application APIs.
· Assist with Excel based reporting and implement process improvements.
· Assist with monthly security reviews using a formal process.
· Provide input and recommendations on new potential technology solutions based on research and analysis. Automate when possible.
· Maintain standard application and operations procedure documentation. Cross-trains team members.
· Assist in maintaining accurate software and hardware inventory and manages the copyright and licensing requirements.
· Provide 1st tier support for a variety of business applications and escalate to SMEs when appropriate.
· Assist with special projects and initiatives. Plans and executes on major milestones.
· Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
· Bachelor's Degree
· 7+ years of related experience
· Oracle NetSuite experience
· Competency with Microsoft SQL databases, table queries. Azure experience preferred.
· Experience working with and troubleshooting Excel formulas, pivot tables, VBA
· Knowledge of automation configuration using PowerShell and/or scripting using Python, JSON
· Awareness of ITIL and OWASP principles
· Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present to and collaborate with business leaders
· Must be a US Citizen