This role can be located in Cincinnati, Chicago, or Atlanta. Please select your desired location in the application.
The Media Analytics & Insights, Associate Director is responsible for defining and owning the measurement framework and providing a 360-degree digital view of performance reporting, observations and analysis for a key Empower client. The ideal candidate is curious, attentive, and adaptable; capable of executing complex, actionable analysis, collaborating across agency departments, and presenting findings to Clients. This role will interface tightly with multiple internal stakeholders at Empower and with our Client to provide data-driven decision-making related to how, where, and when we invest our Client’s marketing dollars.
As the Client Team’s Analytics Lead, you will be able to leverage of the broader Intelligence team at Empower. In addition to Media Analytics & Intelligence component, the Intelligence team delivers world-class primary and secondary research, data science, and data technology solutions across. A sample of services provided include Consumer Journey Mapping, Marketing Mix Modeling, and Audience Creation.
- Own the development, management, and delivery of the Client’s Measurement Framework - designing and bringing together all measurement into a cohesive flow that informs a seamless story
- Ensure broader Intelligence team research, analytics, and data technology associates are involved at appropriate levels and appropriate times with internal and external Client teams
- Looking beyond the numbers: This is not just a reporting role. The right candidate will demonstrate familiarity and intuition related to the cadence of our businesses and use that to provide insightful recommendations.
- Provide detailed analysis of performance across OTT, CTV, Search, Social, Programmatic, and Display channels on an on-going basis, working from extracted files and web-based systems to pull data and filter across multiple different potential dimensions for understanding of trends, commonalities, and important variances
- Manage Media Analytics & Insights analysts, as needed, in delivery in analysis
- Seek out improvements in our internal reporting processes and deliverables
- Proactively engage with client teams (Account, Planning, Digital) to understand what is in market and why, then actively monitors those campaigns across channels and audiences to elevate findings and develop actionable insights for long term optimization
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves as needed and dive into platforms to find stories worth telling and to troubleshoot different perspectives from different tools
- Lead the development of Digital testing roadmaps, measurement plans and KPI reporting based on set marketing objectives linked to key campaigns and always-on digital marketing tactics, including setting ROI and/or ROAS targets.
- Create ad hoc analysis for client stakeholders throughout marketing and e-commerce, working with the digital channel leads, planning, and client service departments.
- Assist in designing, executing, and reporting on tests of digital marketing efficiency at the channel, ad type, audience, platform and tactic levels.
- Minimum 5 years in an analytical function working directly in cross-channel digital marketing
- Direct experience working across social platforms, search platforms, and 3rd party ad servers
- Retail and/or e-commerce experience is a plus
- Expertise in concisely visualizing and communicating data-driven analyses and findings to internal and external stakeholders
- Thorough understanding of the differences in methodology across different Digital tracking systems and ability to synthesize those differences for internal team and client understanding
- Experience with web analytics software and data visualization tools (e.g., Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, Tableau)
- Bachelor's degree, ideally in engineering, math, statistics, finance or other quantitative focused area of study.
- Expert Excel skills; other analytical tool familiarity a plus (SQL, SAS, BI Tools, etc.)
- Self-Starter: Proven track record of being able to work independently and proactively engage with business stakeholders with minimal direction.
- Analytical Thinker: It’s imperative this candidate possess critical thinking and strong analytical skills. They should be able to readily identify themes and/or problems and formulate practical solutions.
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills, as well as the ability to articulate clearly and effectively in person and in writing
- Excellent organizational and project management skills; organized with ability to multi-task, prioritize, work quickly and to tight deadline